Page 85 of 763 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    This is probably a really stupid question, but has anyone checked to see if any patients that were taking hydroxychloroquine prior to the Corona outbreak have contracted Corona? I don't know if it would help either way to know, just curious.
    I don't think that's a stupid question at all.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And clinical trials are getting started. It's just that we kind of need it now. If your choices are dying or taking a chance on a drug that has apparently shown some promise, which do you choose?
    Fair question. I would think it would be certainly not be till I was diagnosed. And then only if it was a last chance type of thing. Short of that, there seem to be indications it causes a lot of difficulty in some people. Tough times.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    This virus really does affect everyone differently. It has Chris Cuomo tripping balls, apparently.

Link to Chris Cuomo describing what sounds kind of like a Peyote trip'

In all seriousness he has an interesting, if somewhat melodramatic, account of what a Mild to Moderate bout of COVID-19 would look like for some. Minus perhaps the crazy dreams.
    Chris Cuomo Update: Analyzing a clear chest X-Ray

This is definitely getting a little dramatic. How much longer before CNN just changes their name to "Cuomo News Network"? For those who don't want to click the link, it is a 3 minute conversation between Chris Cuomo and Sanjay Gupta about Chris's chest X-Ray that shows no Pneumonia.

I don't know why I'm so amused by this.
    Eat Donuts!

This is probably a really stupid question, but has anyone checked to see if any patients that were taking hydroxychloroquine prior to the Corona outbreak have contracted Corona? I don't know if it would help either way to know, just curious.
    No this is a good question, there's been small claims on Reddit in the medicine community about what their patients are doing, but it's an incredibly small sample size, and nothing is published on it that I know about (I check for new publications every night throughout medical journals). I think there's too many variable factors to be able to say whether it's helpful or hurtful at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    No this is a good question, there's been small claims on Reddit in the medicine community about what their patients are doing, but it's an incredibly small sample size, and nothing is published on it that I know about (I check for new publications every night throughout medical journals). I think there's too many variable factors to be able to say whether it's helpful or hurtful at the moment.
    The use hydroxychloroquine in this situation is going to be an incredibly fascinating case study for years to come. Not only for the Coronavirus, but how the medical community may or may not utilize unapproved potential life saving medicines and how the fda/government will change their current rules and regulations for similar situations.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    The use hydroxychloroquine in this situation is going to be an incredibly fascinating case study for years to come. Not only for the Coronavirus, but how the medical community may or may not utilize unapproved potential life saving medicines and how the fda/government will change their current rules and regulations for similar situations.
    I was thinking the exact same thing earlier honestly, there's going to be a lot of hindsight analysis going on, I'm really interested into seeing the changes that unfold after this. There's going to be a lot systemic changes needing to occur in healthcare, there's a strong voice for unionization for residents, what we can do to speed up clinical trials, etc. I'm glad people are talking about how to improve things right now, because I definitely do think there needs to be some adjustments to the way healthcare is set up. I just wish it wasn't at the cost of thousands of lives unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Pharmacies will dispense it for treatment of coronavirus in Ohio for 14 days. But they are still restricting the prescriptions as several doctors and dentists (!?) have prescribed it for their families to stockpile. As a general rule of thumb the state medical and pharmacy boards still decide what is appropriate to prescribe and what isn’t. Which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Thanks - this makes a lot of sense. I tend to be wary when someone claims to have a silver bullet.

Thanks - this makes a lot of sense. I tend to be wary when someone claims to have a silver bullet.
    No doubt, it’s just not that simple. I do find it interesting how many interviews I’ve seen with doctors who either say they would take it, have taken it or prescribed it for family members with the virus. They all report good outcomes, but of course don’t know if it can be attributed to the drugs or if things just ran their course.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    No doubt, it’s just not that simple. I do find it interesting how many interviews I’ve seen with doctors who either say they would take it, have taken it or prescribed it for family members with the virus. They all report good outcomes, but of course don’t know if it can be attributed to the drugs or if things just ran their course.
    I agree - it's definitely not. I understand completely the desire of those who want a quick "cure" but for better or worse we need to have patience and make sure any drug or treatment has been tested.