Page 24 of 2114 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Thread

New Pro Trump Group takes form with Kellyanne Conway possibly at the Helm

Is this getting concerning to anyone yet? Since being elected Trump has continued his assault on the first amendment, provoked China, nominated Ben Carson for secretary of HUD, has his kids (who will be running his business) meeting with foreign leaders, and now this.

Trump appears poised to use propaganda to a level not seen in America since the days of Joe McCarthy, if at all. It already seems that he has little regard for facts, and that many of his followers don't know or don't care. Now he seems to be creating a Propaganda minister. This is escalating quickly.
    Eat Donuts!

[QUOTE=boozehound;569299][URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post

Kinda like all those "czars" that Barack Hussein Obama created, right?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    New Pro Trump Group takes form with Kellyanne Conway possibly at the Helm

Is this getting concerning to anyone yet? Since being elected Trump has continued his assault on the first amendment, provoked China, nominated Ben Carson for secretary of HUD, has his kids (who will be running his business) meeting with foreign leaders, and now this.

Trump appears poised to use propaganda to a level not seen in America since the days of Joe McCarthy, if at all. It already seems that he has little regard for facts, and that many of his followers don't know or don't care. Now he seems to be creating a Propaganda minister. This is escalating quickly.
    The only part of it that I'm getting concerned about is some of the praise/perception of what he's doing. He's been widely praised for the Carrier deal, which is a bit much seeing as governors, mayors, and other local officials make those kind of deals all of the time. I'm not gonna knock it though, it's just not that big of a deal.

China has been due for provoking really. It's a large step from established policy, but it's refreshing because China has more or less done whatever it wants for at least a decade.

As far as Carson, I'd challenge you to find a Republican nominated Secretary of HUD that wasn't inexperienced.

I agree with your last paragraph. The man just went after Boeing for the cost of Air Force One, which at this point seems to be a fabricated number. Surely he'll accept praise when it's delivered at a number under the one he tweeted. It seems the new MO is to exaggerate or invent a problem and then claim to have solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It seems the new MO is to exaggerate or invent a problem and then claim to have solved it.
    I'm pretty sure that's not a new MO.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Politics Thread

Didn't Carson grow up very poor and live in subsidized housing? He has first hand experience with government housing. As for China, do we really want foreign governments telling our President who he can and can't talk to, especially since the Taiwanese president initiated the call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Didn't Carson grow up very poor and live in subsidized housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ride the train to work everyday. I am not a conductor. With that said, I'm personally not going to sit and criticize every pick the guy makes. Politicians are politicians - it's not as good vs evil as some make it to be.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 12-06-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    Run the table.

After the way the commander-in-tweet criticized him in the primary, I have no respect for him or the rest of these surrogates. No balls. I met Ben once and really liked him, but now he's just part of the new swampsters. Head of HUD? Good Luck.
    2023 Sweet 16

Didn't Carson claim to be a superhero once? These people are all insane liars.

Carson sort of was a superhero with a scalpel in his hand.

Interesting read on trade from the Brookings Institute: What is the future of free trade? 5 facts about US trade policy

According to the article, 85% of the job losses in manufacturing are due to automation, not international trade. Trump supporters who think he's going to bring back all of the manufacturing jobs are going to be sorely disappointed.