Thread: A10's Future

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville's not taking more than a thousand or so fans. Who other than UConn is going to bring any fans to Philly for the AAC Tournament?!? I think 8,500 might be just right.

If they want to sell out a big arena, have it at the Yum! Center in Louisville. Fat chance they'd do that,though.
    I think the Yum Center would be an excellent choice. Granted, since Louisville is just in the league for one year it won't happen, but it's a nice venue that is centrally located with plenty of hotels in the vicinity. Cincinnati wouldn't be bad either, other than the fact that it would be at US Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I honestly don't see anyone -- especially UConn -- being excited about the AAC Tournament next year. UConn doesn't even want to be in the damn conference.
    I think that once everyone gets past the fact that it's not the old Big East, they'll be fine. Basketball-wise, the league is very formidable. Temple, Memphis, UConn and Cincinnati are all brand names that are no stranger to the top 25. UCF and USF are both trending up (albeit slowly in USF's case). Even Tulsa and East Carolina have the potential to not suck. Jeff Lebo has built ECU up from "complete suck" to "somewhat mediocre," and it looks as though they're continuing to improve. SMU, Houston and Tulane are the only programs that are complete dogshit.

It's not the Big East, but it's not the America East either. It's better than the old Atlantic Ten ever was, and probably better than what the Pac Twelve and SEC have been in recent years....which admittedly isn't saying much.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White