Page 318 of 763 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    In a medical setting masks are worn hours on end, sometimes 10 to 12 hours at a time. Depending on the type of mask they may be sterilized And used multiple times.
    If I can wear an N 95 respirator for 12 hours straight without ever touching my face or adjusting the mask in anyway I find it very strange that someone cannot wear a much less restrictive mask for 10 to 15 minutes when running into a store. I understand children would find this much more difficult in a school type setting, but somehow my kids can go with me and wear a mask for a couple hours without messing with it and do just fine. It really comes down to the parents teaching and instructing the children of appropriate use. If done in an educational and supportive manner it is completely within the realm of possibility for children to learn how to use masks correctly just as easy it is for them to learn how to put shoes and socks on or wear gloves in the winter.

Sophomore
    i do believe most people do wear a mask in public places (at least where I live) but are they wearing a clean mask or one that they’ve worn over and over again? I doubt your typical 20 to 30 year old single is sanitizing their mask every night.

I’m wearing the blue paper type of mask at work when I’m not in my office and when I’m out it public. I probably get a new one every 2-3 weeks. I’m sure I’m not alone with that kind of usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    If any of the docs on the board are willing to chime in on this, I would greatly appreciate it. In early April I began reading articles on blood types and how COVID-19 may impact patients differently. The reports were initially disregarded, but it now seems that blood type may actually be a factor in predicting complications and symptons (severity of the virus). Any thoughts?
    Mrs paulxu had seen a report that initial indications were that Type O people were less likely to have severe symptoms, but it was very early in research on it, and it's not definite.
    Being O- I was happy, because maybe it'll balance off some of my disadvantages.

(I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Haha, reps for the laugh AND that specific blood type.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I suppose some like the CDC or Fauci might not want to talk about this for fear that some people might “feel safe” and take the same level of precautions?
    Good points. If I remember correctly. earlier studies were also from Chinese researchers, other countries had not yet been hit as hard, so there was a lack of data. Along with being precautious, I imagine they wanted to verify the findings.

Supporting Member
    Saban tested positive 2-3 days ago. Since then, hes tested negative twice. Its pathetic at this point that testing is still this inaccurate.....but...science

Supporting Member
    Here is a long, but worthwhile article on masks (face coverings) - what they do, what they don't do. It is rooted in science but very nicely presented in layman's terms.

The "mask battle" to me is not worth fighting. Just wear the stupid thing. We have governments preventing people from earning a living, worshiping, gathering with friends/family, and in general enjoying life. We are looking at the prospects of a government mandated vaccine. These are very serious challenges to the freedoms our country was founded upon, and cannot be tolerated. This is where the battle needs to be fought. Masks are inconsequential in comparison.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    More like a government-rushed vaccine when you look at Donald Trump.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Saban tested positive 2-3 days ago. Since then, hes tested negative twice. Its pathetic at this point that testing is still this inaccurate.....but...science
    Huh???
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    A false positive, ala Mike DeWine, perhaps?

Then again, did a Georgia doctor do the test for Saban? You can never underestimate those sly SEC folks.