Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=stammina0721;620276]
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

You are going way over the top. There are only a few schools that are destination jobs. By destination job it means to me that noone will leave that job for anywhere unless fired. Those schools are...
    UK
    Kansas
    Syracuse
    Duke
    UCLA
    UNC
    These are the only destination jobs. To think X will ever crack that is ridiculous. You may ask why don't I throw in Arizona, Michigan State, Louisville and so on. Because if any of those schools listed above had an opening happened and they wanted the coach of say Arizona they would get him. I almost didn't put Kansas on the destination list because UNC took Roy Williams from them. However I'll let that slide since Willaims is a UNC alum.

Point being is that Mack leaving is not a testament about Xavier, the basketball program or what has been done in the past. In reality unless you are one of the seven schools listed above then you are a stepping stone. If UNC wants Chris Holtman in a few years then does that say something about OSU? What if Jay Wright goes to Duke if Coach K retires? Does that say something about Nova? Of course not. That is the nature of successful men. Successful men want to reach the pinnacle. The pinnacle for a business man isn't CEO of XYZ corporation it is CEO of Amazon. The pinnacle for a college coach is no school other than those 7. Mack is doing what successful men do. Working his way up the ladder to one day reach the pinnacle.

I'll never fault a man for that and i surely wouldnt judge a program based on that
    No... I don't think I am going over the top.

I see you stating your opinion about what a business man wants and what a destination jobs is.

I can tell you every business man and every college basketball coach do not have the same goals and aspirations.

Further... every coach does not have an ultimate goal to get to one of those 6 schools you've listed.

The truth is a destination job can simply be a place where a coach gets hired and then loves the situation so much that he never cares to leave no matter who comes calling.

Some coaches are content with their situation because they're making good money and they've made many amazing friends and built incredible relationships and they know they are being appreciated where they are as much as they would ever be appreciated any place else... and they feel tremendous love and support from the fans and they have the ear of the administration... and they have a routine in place they look forward to following and they love the city where they live ... and they know they can recruit well enough to compete and win... and their family is very happy where they are.

Mark Few at Gonzaga and Jay Wright at Nova are examples of coaches who have found there destination job outside those schools you've mentioned. By the way, I am not so sure Wright would take the Duke job if offered.

John Thompson II found his destination job at Georgetown... Chaney at Temple... Crum at Louisville. Olson at Arizona...
    Lou Carnasecca found his destination job at St. John's... and Mack could easily find his at X.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-25-2018 at 03:04 AM.

[QUOTE=IM4X;620281]
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post

I see you stating your opinion about what a business man wants and what a destination jobs is.

I can tell you every business man and every college basketball coach do not have the same goals and aspirations.

Further... every coach does not have an ultimate goal to get to one of those 6 schools you've listed.

The truth is a destination job can simply be a place where a coach gets hired and then loves the situation so much that he never cares to leave no matter who comes calling.

Some coaches are content with their situation because they're making good money and they've made many amazing friends and built incredible relationships and they know they are being appreciated where they are as much as they would ever be appreciated any place else... and they feel tremendous love and support from the fans and they have the ear of the administration... and they have a routine in place they look forward to following and they love the city where they live ... and they know they can recruit well enough to compete and win... and their family is very happy where they are.

Mark Few at Gonzaga and Jay Wright at Nova are examples of coaches who have found there destination job outside those schools you've mentioned. By the way, I am not so sure Wright would take the Duke job if offered.

John Thompson II found his destination job at Georgetown... Chaney at Temple... Crum at Louisville. Olson at Arizona...
    Lou Carnasecca found his destination job at St. John's... and Mack could easily find his at X.
    Don't forget Phil Martelli at St. Joseph's.

I know $$ covers alot of wounds, but how the hell does Mack explain to his 2 daughters why he wants to take a job where they regularly used hookers as recruitment material. And I dont buy the "those guys are all gone" business, the board is still in place. Sleazy Papa John knows exactly what goes on down there and is far more involved in the day to day happenings than a board president prob should be.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbledxu View Post
    I know $$ covers alot of wounds, but how the hell does Mack explain to his 2 daughters why he wants to take a job where they regularly used hookers as recruitment material. And I dont buy the "those guys are all gone" business, the board is still in place. Sleazy Papa John knows exactly what goes on down there and is far more involved in the day to day happenings than a board president prob should be.
    It's a completely different board and papa John isn't even on the board anymore. Where do you guys get this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It's a completely different board and papa John isn't even on the board anymore. Where do you guys get this stuff?
    http://louisville.edu/president/board-of-trustees Sure looks like hes the vice chairman to me.

1. Why is this so differnt from "explaining" one of your players banging one of your assistant's wife? No condom (maybe non-) consensual sex? It comes with the territory of coaching high testosterone young men and being a father. There is no downside to being a much more ethical father/coach than his predecessor: "Girls, yourfather will never be that kind of coach ." We're overrating this factor by powers.

2. One of Mack's biggest appeal items to Louiville is that he has NO recruiting or personal scandal. "Look who we hired. We're seriously done with sleaze ". That's a premium of great value to an institution in the muck up to its nose.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    1. Why is this so differnt from "explaining" one of your players banging one of your assistant's wife? No condom (maybe non-) consensual sex? It comes with the territory of coaching high testosterone young men and being a father. There is no downside to being a much more ethical father/coach than his predecessor: "Girls, yourfather will never be that kind of coach ." We're overrating this factor by powers.

2. One of Mack's biggest appeal items to Louiville is that he has NO recruiting or personal scandal. "Look who we hired. We're seriously done with sleaze ". That's a premium of great value to an institution in the muck up to its nose.
    1. I dont know what youre referencing, we dont talk about rumors as facts here (wink wink).

2. Yet petrino and schattner are still there, so theyre not trying that hard...

Supporting Member
    http://louisville.edu/president/board-of-trustees Sure looks like hes the vice chairman to me.
    Athletic board.

Supporting Member
    [QUOTE=IM4X;620281]
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post

Wright was in the rumor mill on an annual basis for a number of years, primarily, for NBA jobs. Granted he stayed but he definitely looked and considered other options. Hope the same becomes true for Mack.

[QUOTE=JEHARDI;620293]
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

Wright was in the rumor mill on an annual basis for a number of years, primarily, for NBA jobs. Granted he stayed but he definitely looked and considered other options. Hope the same becomes true for Mack.
    As was coach K for the lakers a few diff times.