Page 48 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Local radio here two weeks ago, they were bemoaning Brownell's performance and saying he would be gone after the season.
    Sort of reminds me of the LBSU guy who was fired before the tournament.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Sounds like Xavier is expecting a visit this weekend from Josh Cohen. Big post player who would help bring value experience to a depleted front court.
    Writer on 24/7 says that visit has been cancelled. :(

On the other hand the same writer says that they have reached out to at least 20 big prospects, have gained some early traction with some and have a couple of meetings already scheduled with others. They’re working on it!
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 03-29-2024 at 08:31 AM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Local radio here two weeks ago, they were bemoaning Brownell's performance and saying he would be gone after the season.
    Sort of reminds me of the LBSU guy who was fired before the tournament.
    Well timed run for him after quite a while of mediocrity at Clemson.

This was his 4th tourney appearance in 14 years and these are the only tourney wins besides a Sweet 16 appearance 6 years ago.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Writer on 24/7 says that visit has been cancelled. :(

On the other hand the same writer says that they have reached out to at least 20 big prospects, have gained some early traction with some and have a couple of meetings already scheduled with others. They’re working on it!
    Do we know if it is from the player side or the coaches side for the cancellation? Very disappointing news as we need several front court transfers for next season. We can’t afford to have a repeat of last years recruitment of the front court.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Do we know if it is from the player side or the coaches side for the cancellation? Very disappointing news as we need several front court transfers for next season. We can’t afford to have a repeat of last years recruitment of the front court.
    Nope, didn’t say.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    For the 2nd time ever in program history and the first time in 20 years.
    Alabama has been to the Sweet 16 11 times, three times in the last four years. Does the fact this is only their second time in the Elite Eight make them the Little Engine That Could, or, hear me out here, might this perhaps be a statistical oddity?
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member
    The rumor is that he took the visit to Notre Dame and thats where he is going to end up, but there has been no announcement to that end. Who knows...other fish in the sea.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Alabama has been to the Sweet 16 11 times, three times in the last four years. Does the fact this is only their second time in the Elite Eight make them the Little Engine That Could, or, hear me out here, might this perhaps be a statistical oddity?
    I think the point is that there are some here who believe that nil/transfer portal will only go to a few select teams and that the bluebloods of basketball are going to be the only ones in the final four every single year, dominating the landscape and creating a bigger gap between the haves and have nots.

That didn't play out last year, and it won't play out this year either.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    The rumor is that he took the visit to Notre Dame and thats where he is going to end up, but there has been no announcement to that end. Who knows...other fish in the sea.
    Limited Big fish in the sea. Especially considering we need atleast 3 front court players from the portal. So pivotal that Miller is able to pick up talented front court players early in the window before the big dogs start coming for them.

Do you think these guys get their NIL $ number before they visit?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.