Page 149 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1715
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Committed to Georgia. Apparently wanted to be closer to home
    Damn

I wonder how many of these guys who transfer multiple times to different schools actually graduate from their last one?

On a related note, I wonder how many players who were drafted last year had a college degree?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    John Fanta
    @John_Fanta
    One high major coach to me on the state of college basketball:

“It’s a f#%king disaster. For us veteran coaches, this is not what we signed up for. I am not mad at the kids one bit. They’re seeking their value and earning money, and I think they should. It’s your right to get paid. I would do the same thing that they’re doing. Anybody mad at the kids is foolish. But shame on the NCAA for not seeing this coming years ago and being proactive. Not having a boundary or a system in place at all, having no regulations to even attempt to find a common playing field is a major miss. These collectives will get coaches fired. We have had no break. Not one coach in the country has had a single day to sit down and breathe. It’s unhealthy. The other issue is you get attrition when you get commitments. Another kid sees someone commit, dislikes the idea of fighting for their role on a team and wants to bolt elsewhere. We can’t do this every single year. Kids should make big dollars. But the way this is set up right now with no contracts or regulations makes it impossible to sustain anything in this sport.”

I think there is a silver lining to this for coaches though. The high school recruit game is greatly reduced. And that was it’s own giant pain in the ass.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    John Fanta
    @John_Fanta
    One high major coach to me on the state of college basketball:

“It’s a f#%king disaster. For us veteran coaches, this is not what we signed up for. I am not mad at the kids one bit. They’re seeking their value and earning money, and I think they should. It’s your right to get paid. I would do the same thing that they’re doing. Anybody mad at the kids is foolish. But shame on the NCAA for not seeing this coming years ago and being proactive. Not having a boundary or a system in place at all, having no regulations to even attempt to find a common playing field is a major miss. These collectives will get coaches fired. We have had no break. Not one coach in the country has had a single day to sit down and breathe. It’s unhealthy. The other issue is you get attrition when you get commitments. Another kid sees someone commit, dislikes the idea of fighting for their role on a team and wants to bolt elsewhere. We can’t do this every single year. Kids should make big dollars. But the way this is set up right now with no contracts or regulations makes it impossible to sustain anything in this sport.”
    Actually refreshing to see a coach complaining about the situation, without blaming the players, while admitting he'd be doing the same thing in their position, while saying the NCAA could have avoided this years ago by not being so stubborn/stupid.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What is the BEST transfer portal site?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    What is the BEST transfer portal site?
    xavierhoops.com
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    Have we already recited the “you know, a lot of people go to college for six years” bit on here?
    Wish I could have
    2023 Sweet 16

Austin Nunez at ASU transferred after his Freshman year to Ole Miss. He played under 10 mins a game, but his minutes were pretty consistent especially for a Freshman. At Ole Miss last year saw a 2-3 min decline and his time was more sporadic.

Now this season, he leave Ole Miss and comes back to ASU.

A booster told me he and some other left for NIL. I know ASU's NIL has not improved so that says he is coming back to a team that is a better fit.

My point is, a lot of these issues could be solved but limiting the types of transfers. E.G. everyone gets a free transfer, you can transfer if a head coach separates for any reason, and eliminate graduate transfers. This would stop this from being a situation where every player is a free agent every summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Austin Nunez at ASU transferred after his Freshman year to Ole Miss. He played under 10 mins a game, but his minutes were pretty consistent especially for a Freshman. At Ole Miss last year saw a 2-3 min decline and his time was more sporadic.

Now this season, he leave Ole Miss and comes back to ASU.

A booster told me he and some other left for NIL. I know ASU's NIL has not improved so that says he is coming back to a team that is a better fit.

My point is, a lot of these issues could be solved but limiting the types of transfers. E.G. everyone gets a free transfer, you can transfer if a head coach separates for any reason, and eliminate graduate transfers. This would stop this from being a situation where every player is a free agent every summer.
    That is nonsense.

ALL of our decisions must only consider if and how the PLAYERS benefit. Havent you figured this out yet. The freaking chaos, and teetering fan interest is simply a small price to pay in the furtherance of players rights.

for further explanation, contact "D-West & Po-Z."