Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    X - 74
    depaul - 66
    No, I be concubining.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    X- 84
    d- 67
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLYSYL (2) wins. 6 regulars failed to enter a score. I know there were some site outages this week. If you were one of these 6 regulars, please PM me tomorrow. Recap will be out when appropriate.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I had no idea there were only "selective outages" - I was one of the 6.

Here is what I am thinking to resolve this issue fairly. The highest score was 92 and the lowest score was 77, not including ATLJAR and their DePaul pick. So throwing out ATLJAR, I calculated the average score from last night and ii is 84.7. I feel the six regulars that were unable to make their picks should be awarded 85 points. After competing for several months, it would not be fair to penalize them for a technical glitch. The six regulars include:
    JIMBOB
    KABEX
    MUSKEAGLE
    MUSKEAGLE JR
    X-BAND '01
    XUKEITH

I welcome comment and opinion on this solution until 6:00 this evening. At which point a final decision will be made and last night's recap will be posted.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Here is what I am thinking to resolve this issue fairly. The highest score was 92 and the lowest score was 77, not including ATLJAR and their DePaul pick. So throwing out ATLJAR, I calculated the average score from last night and ii is 84.7. I feel the six regulars that were unable to make their picks should be awarded 85 points. After competing for several months, it would not be fair to penalize them for a technical glitch. The six regulars include:
    JIMBOB
    KABEX
    MUSKEAGLE
    MUSKEAGLE JR
    X-BAND '01
    XUKEITH

I welcome comment and opinion on this solution until 6:00 this evening. At which point a final decision will be made and last night's recap will be posted.

Thanks.
    Im totally good with this, Ill take 85 too!

But not that my opinion matters, but I do think thats a fair scoring offer to those who werent able to enter in for whatever reason

Works for me too if they were victims of a glitch
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    That solution is simple and rough justice where no solution is bulletproof. It is relevant only to anyone who is vying for a top spot, and it could be argued that it is somehow unfair to assign an average score to someone who has outperformed the average for the entire season, but the counter is that they could just as easily have had a bad week. Final observation is that taking a median score is better than taking an average score. Doubt it makes much of a difference given the good number of entrants.

Is it too late for me to change my pick to 91-58?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    I think we should stick to the rules. No score posted in the thread by game time, then you get the minimum score.

Making exceptions opens the door for too much other stuff. Plus, the pick the score threads are created 3 or so days before the actual game. If you want to get a prediction in, there is plenty of opportunity to do so before an alleged technical issue comes up.