Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Every year the time of the start of the game is a story. Some idiot in the media decides to rant and rave about it. Why don't they ever actually ask someone who works in TV, or specifically who works at CBS?? They'd be happy to explain it to them.

There are more people watching TV on Monday nights between 9pm and midnight est than at any other time of the week. That's the reason the game tips when it does. It's to maximize the viewership. From week to week 9pm tips usually get more viewers than 7pm tips.

There has even been some discussion of moving the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight games to Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday because they know the two Monday games would probably get more viewers than they do on late Sunday afternoon. They obviously haven't done it, but it has been discussed.

Anyway, until next year when it's brought up again, that's why...
    If what you say is true, why is the college playoff football game start time 7:30 just move it to 9 then and the game ends at 1230
    Last edited by Xville; 04-07-2024 at 03:58 PM.

My wife is comparing Caitlin Clark's impact to Mia Hamm's for women's sports.

Meanwhile, that young lady in the middle for the Lady Gamecocks is like Zach Edey to the guys. Doesn't really jump. Doesn't really need to.

Lady Gamecocks too strong.
    Last edited by paulxu; 04-07-2024 at 04:11 PM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Does loving the Lady Cocks make me bisexual?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If what you say is true, why is the college playoff football game start time 7:30 just move it to 9 then and the game ends at 1230
    Because they want it to end between 1130 and midnight.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Does loving the Lady Cocks make me bisexual?
    As long as they're lady cocks, I think you're still straight. 2024 IS a bit confusing.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    My wife is comparing Caitlin Clark's impact to Mia Hamm's for women's sports.

Meanwhile, that young lady in the middle for the Lady Gamecocks is like Zach Edey to the guys. Doesn't really jump. Doesn't really need to.

Lady Gamecocks too strong.
    She is really fun to watch.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Boiler Up!! My son is a proud Purdue grad and my wife and I watch Purdue basketball games when X is not on of course. Any others on here rooting for the Boilermakers?
    Yes! Would love to see Purdue win it as I don’t think they have ever won a basketball championship.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Yes and no. They were the consensus national champion in 1932 in something that predated the NCAA. They had some player named John Wooden on that team.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Because they want it to end between 1130 and midnight.
    that doesn’t really jive with what you were saying earlier. If you say that the 9 window does better than the 7 typically, why start the playoff game an hour and a half earlier than 9? If it started at 9 it ends half an hour later than the window. What’s that matter?

They just put the womens game on at 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday and while numbers aren’t in,
    I’m gonna go ahead and guess it did pretty damn well.

In the end whatever, I’m gonna watch it but a lot of the timing decisions don’t make sense to me when the sport is a very regional sport.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-07-2024 at 08:56 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Yes and no. They were the consensus national champion in 1932 in something that predated the NCAA. They had some player named John Wooden on that team.
    Thanks for the information. It would be fun to see Purdue win it.