Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Colossal meltdown and stupidity. Hallmarks of the last 4 years.

This is the worst 4 year stretch in the modern era since Xavier has been a legitimate player on the college basketball scene. The worst 4 years EVER.

If everything remains status quo, that's a true testament to the people in charge, and is frankly, VERY concerning for the vision and importance of this basketball program.

There's just no other way to put it.
    !00%. Reps if I were able.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I feel bad for all the players. They are not perfect, but they shouldn’t be in this position. They need leadership.
    I feel bad for the players because they play for Xavier and I love Xavier basketball.

But they are the ones who choked this game away. They missed an insane amount of FT’s. They lost their man on defense consistently.

This seasons collapse is on Steele. This loss is on the players.

For a season filled with so much promise in the beginning (remember "deep bench"?), what a disappointing end.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I’m almost to @burn it all down and start over@

I’m usually a pretty easy going guy and all, but this last month has sucked so hard. We recruit great players, o doubt about that, but we don’t develop them.

The kill meter is a joke as it sits in 2 in the second half, the authority at the free throw line is gone, shoot even respectable shooting seems to be somewhat for crawling it

Sorry it’s time for Steele to go.

Welp - may I suggest a strong stiff drink or two tonight?

XU basketball may not be dead but it’s on life support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I feel bad for all the players. They are not perfect, but they shouldn’t be in this position. They need leadership.
    Agree with this. They deserved better this year.
    Run the table.

Teams do it, fire him regardless and let him finish off any dumpster fire we find ourselves in. If it’s NIT, let him get roasted by the fans if it’s a home game.

"... I'm hopeful we'll be in it because I think we're a team that can advance and really do some damage in the NCAA Tournament."

Travis must think the field is going to be full of Georgetowns.
    He's in denial and probably thinks he's a great coach too.

I have had enough. He had his 4 years and we have regressed with nothing to celebrate. His time is done and it is time to move on. Every coach should get 4 full seasons. His four were miserable.

I'm still not over this loss. I think all things considered one of the worst losses I've ever seen by any team, in any sport. That was almost impossible to lose. When Scruggs got called for that offensive in bounds foul I actually started laughing. That was insane.
    Run the table.