Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I’m just saying Obi will be over it a lot faster then the fans. I also think fans take these loses harder then the players they way sometimes of us act including g myself. This def isn’t hilarious bc I want hoops but the fact VD magic season has come to an end Brings me much pleasure. I can’t help it, I loath them. Feel bad for the players and AG but def not their fans

What you’re missing is that players have a final season. It will never come again. When it’s over, it’s over. But fans always have another season to look forward to. When next season starts, fans will forget all about this past season. Even now we are looking forward to next season. We are already discussing who is coming back and who is coming in. I remember watching X losing in the NCAA tourney as a #1 seed, but I really can’t tell you a whole lot about the game, even though I was there in the stands watching. But the seniors, who played in that game and lost, will replay that game over and over again in their minds. The players that are missing out on getting to do something they have dreamed about and trained for their whole lives will have a hard time ever healing that wound, because they will never get another chance to do it. No matter how many years they play pro and no matter how much money they make they will never get a do over on their college senior season.

“It’s like getting this close to you dreams, and then having them pass right on by”....Moonlight Graham

As far as fans taking it harder than the players....you have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s just that players have to learn how to deal with defeat. It’s something they have to learn. They learn how to deal with it, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t take it hard.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 03-12-2020 at 08:26 PM.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If you are Georgia Tech, serving that one year postseason ban, are you openly laughing right now?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If you are Georgia Tech, serving that one year postseason ban, are you openly laughing right now?
    With no tournament, wouldn稚 they be banned again next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    That was a huge waste of extreme anger on my part last night.
    I kept my anger mostly in check convinced there probably wouldnt be a tournament.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    Like I tell my kids don't take happiness in someones misery.
    Generally good advice, but this would cancel my entire relationship with UC athletics.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17