Page 184 of 763 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 7628

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Love this guy and hes right on the effing money. Guy should run for president, better than the two perverted old men we have running currently.
    Elon Musk
    @elonmusk
    Replying to
    @stoolpresidente
    Well said! Please run for office. The politicians & unelected bureaucrats who stole our liberty should be tarred, feathered & thrown out of town!
    Elon Musk agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Agree we need a lot more data, but the fact that about 33% of deaths are from nursing homes and the very large majority of deaths are those over the age of 70, is telling. The current US life expectancy is 70.5 years, so this would all make sense. Older people are more susceptible to die from pretty much everything. So reopening only makes sense for everyone, as it never should have been closed, but the fact remains that if you are in the risk population, take the appropriate precautions. Quarantining young healthy people is just dumb and something you never do.
    The rest is certainly debatable but life expectancy is definitely not 70.5.

One small factor not heard much is the cost burden to health insurances if there was not any lockdown and widespread disease. And I’m not referring to deaths, or hospitalizations. Simply more office visits and urgent care visits. Lockdown has cut these visits by 60-70% and insurances have saved some money in the short term. Long term TBD. There is a domino for pretty much every scenario that results in economic badness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Love this guy and hes right on the effing money. Guy should run for president, better than the two perverted old men we have running currently.
    I like Frodo Baggins.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    The rest is certainly debatable but life expectancy is definitely not 70.5.

One small factor not heard much is the cost burden to health insurances if there was not any lockdown and widespread disease. And I’m not referring to deaths, or hospitalizations. Simply more office visits and urgent care visits. Lockdown has cut these visits by 60-70% and insurances have saved some money in the short term. Long term TBD. There is a domino for pretty much every scenario that results in economic badness.
    Meant 78.5.

Here’s my last statement post about “Scientific Models”
    They suck.
    https://spectator.us/swedish-models-covid-modeling/
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

82, those were a great break!
    Is there a place where you can look at them all together?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Johns Hopkins study predicts 6000 preventable child deaths PER DAY because of the lack of available medical services due to the lockdowns:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/coro...230146936.html

If this is even close to true then the solution truly is worse than the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Here’s my last statement post about “Scientific Models”
    They suck.
    https://spectator.us/swedish-models-covid-modeling/
    Numbers can be spun in any direction. For example, as of today, which country has the highest rate of new deaths normalized by population? It’s Sweden, averaging 6.8 deaths/day per million people over the last 7 days.

Not saying I side with this article, but for every op-Ed or slanted article posted, there is always a reasonable counterpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    Johns Hopkins study predicts 6000 preventable child deaths PER DAY because of the lack of available medical services due to the lockdowns:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/coro...230146936.html

If this is even close to true then the solution truly is worse than the problem.
    Uh oh, more modeling...

Actually your take on the article is interesting. You state “because of the lack of medical services due to lockdown,” whereas these services have widely been available in the US. Many have chosen to delay these services out of fear they will contract disease at the doctor’s office. The American Academy of Pediatrics has released several statements and updates strongly supporting continued preventative care for children. I can’t speak for other states but Ohio has never restricted this care and has encouraged children to maintain vaccines. My takeaway was that the result of the virus itself and those infected would delay care worldwide. And notably there may be a financial reason this was put out, with this quote as a tip off:
    “Without financial support, the pandemic threatens to reverse nearly a decade of progress on ending avoidable child fatalities worldwide, they added.“

Perhaps sometimes the models are intentionally faulty to influence people for what is perceived to be the greater good, whether that’s right or wrong I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Uh oh, more modeling...

Actually your take on the article is interesting. You state “because of the lack of medical services due to lockdown,” whereas these services have widely been available in the US. Many have chosen to delay these services out of fear they will contract disease at the doctor’s office. The American Academy of Pediatrics has released several statements and updates strongly supporting continued preventative care for children. I can’t speak for other states but Ohio has never restricted this care and has encouraged children to maintain vaccines. My takeaway was that the result of the virus itself and those infected would delay care worldwide. And notably there may be a financial reason this was put out, with this quote as a tip off:
    “Without financial support, the pandemic threatens to reverse nearly a decade of progress on ending avoidable child fatalities worldwide, they added.“

Perhaps sometimes the models are intentionally faulty to influence people for what is perceived to be the greater good, whether that’s right or wrong I don’t know.
    That’s another problem with the fear mongering. People are scared to go to the doctor or the hospital so instead if really sick might die. The whole thing from the get go is a cluster fuck that hasn’t done much good. Hopefully we learn not to overreact in the future and weigh the pros and cons of an entire nation vs the minority.