Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buck Futler

Butler ranks right up there in my top 5 least liked programs. I hope we kick their ass.

That one guy is so confident that Xavier has a reputation as a program that has questionable characters/trouble with the law. Obviously, X's program has had some bad apples/low moments (as has every program), but I would be very surprised if any significant percentage of college basketball fans (outside of Dayton, Clifton, and Indy) had that impression. If you asked the average CBB fan to list programs of that nature, how many do you think name Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Butler ranks right up there in my top 5 least liked programs. I hope we kick their ass.
    They've moved past UD for me. 1) UC 2) Butler 3) UD

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    That one guy is so confident that Xavier has a reputation as a program that has questionable characters/trouble with the law. Obviously, X's program has had some bad apples/low moments (as has every program), but I would be very surprised if any significant percentage of college basketball fans (outside of Dayton, Clifton, and Indy) had that impression. If you asked the average CBB fan to list programs of that nature, how many do you think name Xavier?
    Overall I think Xavier's program does a good job policing its own but from an outsider perspective, the casual fan isn't going to read the details or get updates as the story plays out. But what they may remember is the Dez situation, Jalen's issue in the dorm right before the tourney, the brawl, JP's arrest, Myles' arrest, Lavender's "Fuck this white club" arrest, and some others. All of this stuff was pretty minor and/or turned out to have different facts than originally alleged but the program does have its shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Overall I think Xavier's program does a good job policing its own but from an outsider perspective, the casual fan isn't going to read the details or get updates as the story plays out. But what they may remember is the Dez situation, Jalen's issue in the dorm right before the tourney, the brawl, JP's arrest, Myles' arrest, Lavender's "Fuck this white club" arrest, and some others. All of this stuff was pretty minor and/or turned out to have different facts than originally alleged but the program does have its shit.
    Ah good point, forgot about Jalen's incident, that definitely ups the recent tally. Agreed on your overall point though, for the most part, I feel things are handled as they should be to the extent I am in the loop.

I am also an IU fan, so maybe my baseline has been screwed up by "The Movement's" off the court performance.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 01-08-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Buck Futler

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    There's nothing on that board over-the-top relating to Myles. Go on Twitter and it's a different ballgame.
    Yeah I haven't read the tweets but the HOL was pretty vanilla. I sure don't see anything there to get worked up about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, hahahahahaha Futler!!

@ShannonRussell The @BIGEAST has fined Butler $5,000 for court-storming after its win over Villanova.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

That shoots the clock upgrade budgeted funds.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Ah, hahahahahaha Futler!!

@ShannonRussell The @BIGEAST has fined Butler $5,000 for court-storming after its win over Villanova.
    Muskie Pimp nods in approval