Page 660 of 2142 FirstFirst ... 16056061065065865966066166267071076011601660 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 21414

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    There’s also the issue of out of date voter registration information. Earlier this year, one of the states mailed primary election ballots to everyone registered to vote. I remember a story about one guy showing the 10-15 ballots that arrived at his apartment, all addressed to the previous occupants of the apartment. Either those voters never updated their registration when they moved or they had died. Regardless, those ballots could easily be filled out by someone and sent in. No reason they wouldn’t be counted.

Of course, when states try to clean up their voter registration by deleting entries for people who hadn’t voted in a number of years, the Left screams “voter suppression!”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    or ballot harvesting.

The issues are endless. And I don't understand why the push for mail in voting. The board of elections is open in Hamilton County for weeks before election day allowing people to vote at their own convenience.

Developed countries ‘ban’ mail-in voting, US would be ‘laughing stock’: Report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...g-stock-report

Why, I have it on good authority that mail in voting works just fine in Florida.
    Perhaps it's an undeveloped part of our country.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Who knows if it actually works well in Florida. But I’d say I received two ballots (different names) at my house last year in Colorado. How often does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Who knows if it actually works well in Florida. But I’d say I received two ballots (different names) at my house last year in Colorado. How often does that happen?
    Probably more often than any of us would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

What would the reaction be if Trump was in favor of a mail-in general election? People don't want mail-in voting because they actually think it's the best way to execute an election. They want mail-in voting because DJT is against it. A mail-in general election would be the biggest shit-show in the history of American politics..and that's saying allot.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    What would the reaction be if Trump was in favor of a mail-in general election? People don't want mail-in voting because they actually think it's the best way to execute an election. They want mail-in voting because DJT is against it. A mail-in general election would be the biggest shit-show in the history of American politics..and that's saying allot.
    If you really believe that, you need to get out more.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    If you really believe that, you need to get out more.
    Care to explain, or are you going to stick with slow-witted, low rent snark? Be better.

Are you saying that there is not a large piece of the population that loathes the president to the extent that they'll never agree with anything he says? Really?

More importantly do you think that a mail-in general election is a good idea?
    -Pablo

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Care to explain, or are you going to stick with slow-witted, low rent snark? Be better.

Are you saying that there is not a large piece of the population that loathes the president to the extent that they'll never agree with anything he says? Really?

More importantly do you think that a mail-in general election is a good idea?
    I agree that there is a large piece of the population that loathes Trump; I am one of them. I disagree that people will therefore "never agree with anything he says". In particular, I strenuously disagree with your assertion that the reason people want mail-in voting is because Trump is against it; in fact, I fervently hope that Trump's change of heart with respect to mail-in voting in Florida will extend to the rest of the country as well, regardless of which party sits in the Governor's mansion. And yes, I do think that mail-in voting is a good idea (obviously), especially when the covid danger exists. I have never voted absentee here in Ohio until this year's primary, and I intend to vote absentee again in November's general election.

And BTW, does calling someone "slow-witted" qualify as snark?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post

And BTW, does calling someone "slow-witted" qualify as snark?
    Absolutely. I was just wanting to get your opinion on mail-in voting versus what you typed originally. Thank you for that.

I completely disagree with you about mail-in voting. The more human hands that get involved in the election, the higher probability for major screw ups and outright fraud. Our postal system is currently insolvent and stressed to the max. It is at best a poorly run function of the government. Let's go ahead and flood them with 120+ million extra pieces of mail in a short period of time. What could possibly go wrong with that? How many more postal inspectors will the country need to add to maintain the integrity of this process? Can they be hired and adequately trained by November? What happens when a letter carrier (perhaps a hard-core conservative working in an urban area) just happens to 'lose' a bunch of mail? I just think we need to be looking at ways to make our voting system more accurate and efficient and this looks to be going the opposite way. Way too many moving parts.
    -Pablo