Page 1446 of 2118 FirstFirst ... 446946134613961436144414451446144714481456149615461946 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,460 of 21174

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Joe wants to hire 100,000 cops.
    At the Federal level?

And the past few years of police hating from the Left has caused the forces to be understaffed and underfunded. It will take years to train those new officers.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Joe wants to hire 100,000 cops.
    Again, Democrats got the message that defund was not a great message based off focus groups and polling. Who knew…

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Again, Democrats got the message that defund was not a great message based off focus groups and polling. Who knew…
    Weird right, it’s almost like they wanted to destabilize major metros to blame the former Prez and then be the “savior” when they’re in power. Been their calling card my entire adult life.0
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Yea saw a poll the other day which states what you commented on earlier. New question - threat to democracy. Both scored high on both sides of the aisle (actually scored higher than economy).

I would assume Democrats agreed because of abortion and Trump stuff. On the Republican side is probably due to Trump stuff. Both sides love to play the victim card. Democrats are masters at this and Republicans are not very good historically.

Oh and BTW, threat to democracy is going to be a rally cry for Democrats now until November. Apparently phrase scored well in focus groups. Guess defund police didn’t fair as well. Who knew.
    Not meant as a slight, I think you’re lying to yourself about the democrats mastering the threat to democracy versus the republicans. I can give you 50/50 because I think the Dems wouldn’t have respected the result either, but one side got people to storm the capitol so I think they’re pretty good at it. It and they are all the same, just different birthplaces.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Which made the cry from far-right Republicans to defund the FBI even more ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Which made the cry from far-right Republicans to defund the FBI even more ironic.
    Look, this country can not properly function if there is the slightest perception that Federal Law Enforcement is politically bias. Unfortunately, we are most definitely here.....and the perception of bias is nothing but Trump stone cold hatred.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Look, this country can not properly function if there is the slightest perception that Federal Law Enforcement is politically bias. Unfortunately, we are most definitely here.....and the perception of bias is nothing but Trump stone cold hatred.
    Look, this country cannot properly function if so many people are stupid enough to have the perception that federal law enforcement is politically biased, and then decided not to act simply to accommodate the morons who think that.

It's actually easier to argue that he was shown far more leniency and given far more chances than nearly anyone else in the country ever would have been given.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Double post
    Last edited by noteggs; 08-31-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Look, this country cannot properly function if so many people are stupid enough to have the perception that federal law enforcement is politically biased, and then decided not to act simply to accommodate the morons who think that.

It's actually easier to argue that he was shown far more leniency and given far more chances than nearly anyone else in the country ever would have been given.
    Really? Is that what NPR or your FB feed told you? This is totally delusional and factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Really? Is that what NPR or your FB feed told you? This is totally delusional and factually incorrect.
    I don't use Facebook. In fact I hate it. I think we'd be much better off without it. And if I wanted to listen to NPR, I wouldn't even know where to find it on the dial.

What I did do is something that I am certain you did not. I read the actual filing.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White