Page 1401 of 1433 FirstFirst ... 401901130113511391139914001401140214031411 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,010 of 14329

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #14001
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Pretty big story, and not a peep from MSM because it is counter to their agenda. This also was reflected in the fact that almost no one here was aware of the Australian Covid interment camps or Trudeau seizing assets of political opponents. Something is going to have to give soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ugh...a simple google search turned up plenty of stories regarding this from what you call MSM. Be better.

    How it was reported is significantly different considering those two links are from far right sources and ABC and Washington Post are on the other spectrum.

    My assumption based on that, and like most everything else, is that the actual story is somewhere in the middle.
    I'm going to the Netherlands next week to visit some friends. She has yet to mention this. This is the first I've heard of it.

    Another friend I have from Australia, who contracted COVID while she was physically in Australia, didn't mention anything about being taken to an internment camp either.

    I'm not saying there's NO truth to these stories. I'm just saying that PERHAPS they are somewhat exaggerated. Just a little bit. Maybe.
    Last edited by xubrew; 07-06-2022 at 10:54 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  2. #14002
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ugh...a simple google search turned up plenty of stories regarding this from what you call MSM. Be better.

    How it was reported is significantly different considering those two links are from far right sources and ABC and Washington Post are on the other spectrum.

    My assumption based on that, and like most everything else, is that the actual story is somewhere in the middle.
    OK, so I use Safari, but Iím game, maybe Google turned up something different. Nope. It was not reported by ABC, CBS or NBC. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

  3. #14003
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'm going to the Netherlands next week to visit some friends. She has yet to mention this. This is the first I've heard of it.

    Another friend I have from Australia, who contracted COVID while she was physically in Australia, didn't mention anything about being taken to an internment camp either.

    I'm not saying there's NO truth to these stories. I'm just saying that PERHAPS they are somewhat exaggerated. Just a little bit. Maybe.

    Either these things are happening or they are not. They are, and are not being reported. That is my only point.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

  4. #14004
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    OK, so I use Safari, but I’m game, maybe Google turned up something different. Nope. It was not reported by ABC, CBS or NBC. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
    No, I’m just sick of you and Lou lying your asses off

    https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...tests-86287687

    Weird… abc

    Huh weird another abc article:

    https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/...sions-85848026


    Hmm here’s one from Washington post… weird

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...86b_story.html


    Are you a politician in real life so lying just comes second nature?
    Last edited by Xville; 07-06-2022 at 01:57 PM.

  5. #14005
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    18,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    OK, so I use Safari, but Iím game, maybe Google turned up something different. Nope. It was not reported by ABC, CBS or NBC. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Do you understand how to use Google?

    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...sions-85848026

    https://www.nbcrightnow.com/politics...a23a7f8fa.html

    https://www.cbs42.com/news/business/...ver-emissions/

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...86b_story.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  6. #14006
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,412
    Looks like some MSM is starting to take more notice in the Netherlands since police shot at a tractor a day ago. Attached is a pretty good article from the AP last week. From research Iíve done, seems like the more aggressive protests started around June 10th when the new regulations were proposed. Looks like protests actually started in fall of 2019.

    What I donít understand is why are they doing this to an extremely important part of their economy? Not to mention the millions who rely and consume these products. Oh yea, those jobs that will be affected as well.

    What is known, this will have some impact on the 54,000 agricultural businesses and the billions of exports. What we donít know is the actual impact on climate change. Iím all for helping the environment, but come on!

    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...sions-85848026

  7. #14007
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    [/B]Either these things are happening or they are not. They are, and are not being reported. That is my only point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    No, I’m just sick of you and Lou lying your asses off

    https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...tests-86287687

    Weird… abc

    Huh weird another abc article:

    https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/...sions-85848026


    Hmm here’s one from Washington post… weird

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...86b_story.html


    Are you a politician in real life so lying just comes second nature?

    If that was you're ONLY point, then I guess you now have no point.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  8. #14008
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Looks like some MSM is starting to take more notice in the Netherlands since police shot at a tractor a day ago. Attached is a pretty good article from the AP last week. From research I’ve done, seems like the more aggressive protests started around June 10th when the new regulations were proposed. Looks like protests actually started in fall of 2019.

    What I don’t understand is why are they doing this to an extremely important part of their economy? Not to mention the millions who rely and consume these products. Oh yea, those jobs that will be affected as well.

    What is known, this will have some impact on the 54,000 agricultural businesses and the billions of exports. What we don’t know is the actual impact on climate change. I’m all for helping the environment, but come on!

    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...sions-85848026
    Exactly - that was my original point... Instead, we get into a pissing match on whether the facts come from right wing or left wing news outlets.

    Apparently, some on this board have a hard time discerning facts from hyperbole, and therefore resort to labeling.... So sad that these people apparently were educated at Xavier but came away with an inability to think critically.

  9. #14009
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Exactly - that was my original point... Instead, we get into a pissing match on whether the facts come from right wing or left wing news outlets.

    Apparently, some on this board have a hard time discerning facts from hyperbole, and therefore resort to labeling.... So sad that these people apparently were educated at Xavier but came away with an inability to think critically.
    That's not what you call "the pissing match" was about at all and you know it, or you have reading comprehension issues that rise to a whole new level. Lying once again. Shocking!

  10. #14010
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    OK, so I use Safari, but I’m game, maybe Google turned up something different. Nope. It was not reported by ABC, CBS or NBC. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
    You got that right.... He gets off on attacking conservatives and conservative media, while telling us he's not a liberal....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •