Page 2110 of 2142 FirstFirst ... 11101610201020602100210821092110211121122120 ... LastLast
Results 21,091 to 21,100 of 21413

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    No one is saying good things about Bill Clinton....err, Donald Trump here.

The more bad things you say about Donald Trump the more it makes clear how shameful it is that a mushbrain was nominated to be his opponent.

A little louder for those in the back...

Actually, A LOT louder for those in the back!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    A little louder for those in the back...

Actually, A LOT louder for those in the back!!!
    And I'm happy to say it just as loudly in reverse.

The more you realize what a mushbrain Joe Biden is, the more it makes clear how shameful it is that Donald Trump was nominated to be his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Did I say anything that isn't true? Nope.
    Mostly all true and you left out plenty. We can all agree that Trump is a disgusting human being. However, that is basically all you ever post about. Unless you consider it therapeutic for your severe TDS, why do you waste your time here?

Here's an idea, instead of blah blah blah Orangeman bad, start posting in support of the leftist progressive policy that your party is perpetrating on the American people. Focus on the important stuff like, Border policy, DEI, Criminal Justice reform, Law enforcement policy, Social Justice, war on fossil fuels, Foreign policy etc. I am sure you and your group of Leftist here, can detail approval of all wonderful results O'Biden has accomplished! Maybe win over some people...change some votes.

Unless something changes, we are are faced with choosing between two worthless candidates, so the vote has to be almost entirely weighted on Policy of which both have a clear track record.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I understand, but has the been “the other/another crime” to warrant the felony? Has this been presented?
    https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/ELN/17-152

Falsifying business records to cover up this activity is the felony charged.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And I'm happy to say it just as loudly in reverse.

The more you realize what a mushbrain Joe Biden is, the more it makes clear how shameful it is that Donald Trump was nominated to be his opponent.
    Meh, I’m still trying to wrap my head around exactly what law Trump broke.

BTW, excessive bail is a violation of the 8th Amendment. Is case any of you care about it.

Edit: Ms. Daniel’s or whatever has denied the affair happened. In writing.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 04-23-2024 at 04:14 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

In the current criminal trial, the defendant was released on his own recognizance.
    Other defendants like Bankman-Fried had their bail revoked with conduct we see now...and went to jail.

The bail in Georgia was not excessive for a billionaire (?) and he only had to put up 10% of the $200,000.

The surety bonds in the civil cases are standard procedures when a verdict has been issued, and is being appealed.
    Even there he got a break and reduction of the normal amount.
    They are treating him with kid gloves, like the kid he is.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In the current criminal trial, the defendant was released on his own recognizance.
    Other defendants like Bankman-Fried had their bail revoked with conduct we see now...and went to jail.

The bail in Georgia was not excessive for a billionaire (?) and he only had to put up 10% of the $200,000.

The surety bonds in the civil cases are standard procedures when a verdict has been issued, and is being appealed.
    Even there he got a break and reduction of the normal amount.
    They are treating him with kid gloves, like the kid he is.
    What’s the crime again Paul? It’s confusing. Please explain it in your own words.

I’m not talking about GA. The bail in NY and you know it. Stop being stupid.

And bail is not nor should it be set based on means for a non-violent offense. And he’s not a flight risk.

Edit: $200k for a phone call in GA? Ok Paul.

I’m happy to see Trump is competent to stand trial. Some can’t apparently.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 04-23-2024 at 04:39 PM.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/ELN/17-152

Falsifying business records to cover up this activity is the felony charged.
    Oh, the second charge of misdemeanor finally dropped on the second day of trial. Good to know (yes I know how this can turn into a felony). Is it strange to find out this late in the ballgame? Does it put the defense at a disadvantage? Lawyer people?

Also, can someone explain to me how this is different from what Hillary did in the same election? Assuming NY didn’t want to bring charges on their former Senator? Sounds like selective prosecution.

The crime, as I noted above and provided reference to, is falsifying business records to cover up the underlying crime of a conspiracy to promote an election.

If you are talking about the civil case, it's not "bail" but a surety bond placed while an appeal on the verdict is filed and awaiting hearing.
    Very standard for it to be the amount of the verdict plus interest. That's what it was. The appeals court gave him a break.

A "phone call" to ask a Secretary of State to "find" some votes seems to me to be a huge problem. But that's just me.

The crime, as I noted above and provided reference to, is falsifying business records to cover up the underlying crime of a conspiracy to promote an election.

If you are talking about the civil case, it's not "bail" but a surety bond placed while an appeal on the verdict is filed and awaiting hearing.
    Very standard for it to be the amount of the verdict plus interest. That's what it was. The appeals court gave him a break.

A "phone call" to ask a Secretary of State to "find" some votes seems to me to be a huge problem. But that's just me.
    Great, you’ve identified the issue. Explain/prove how he committed the crime.

It is just you Paul.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 04-23-2024 at 05:03 PM.