Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

College Football Playoff Expansion to 12 Teams

I am surprised there is not a thread on this. Thoughts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-foo...055924685.html

That would put to rest all the talk about more playoff games being too much for college football players.

I would be happy with 8; 12 seems to be the desire for more ratings/ad $'s.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That would put to rest all the talk about more playoff games being too much for college football players.

I would be happy with 8; 12 seems to be the desire for more ratings/ad $'s.
    I think going to 8 and staying at 8 would be best.

I think it passes. I also like it infinitely more than what we have now. The calendar is something that would need to be worked out because I still think they’ll what the final game on that first Monday night in January, but I think this gets approved and may be in place by as early as 2022
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Eighths View Post
    I think going to 8 and staying at 8 would be best.
    I’d agree with that, but it’s all about the Benjamin’s. Even though I prefer 8 (or even 4 really because there are usually 2-3 teams above the rest of the crowd), I’ll tune in to watch the other games because they will “matter”. I can’t really say that about a random Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’d agree with that, but it’s all about the Benjamin’s. Even though I prefer 8 (or even 4 really because there are usually 2-3 teams above the rest of the crowd), I’ll tune in to watch the other games because they will “matter”. I can’t really say that about a random Bowl game.
    Absolutely. Follow the $$$$$. Like many, I am tired of the same teams winning it all. Fans of other programs are tired of it as well and are tuning out in droves. The final outcome might not change any time soon but it will certainly keep more teams/fans/$$$$$ coming for longer. Even the last part of the season seems moot for many teams/fans/$$$$$. More games, more opportunities not only for teams/fans/$$$$$ but for players who will soon be able to cash in on image and likeness.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

And even at 12 teams, school #13 will be pissed and complain how unfair it is that they’re not in the playoffs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

All-Conference
    I’m glad it went to 12 for the sole reason that it at least gives the coastal Carolinas of the world somewhat of a fighting chance of a seat at the table. No way would 8 have done that

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And even at 12 teams, school #13 will be pissed and complain how unfair it is that they’re not in the playoffs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, they will, but what cannot be said with a 12 team format is that they didn't have a path to get there at all.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Right. The NCAAMB with 64 teams still has the first four out wailing and gnashing their teeth.