Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,718
    He would be an interesting piece if we didn't have our guards pretty much already set. He's probably a slight upgrade over Kunkel, but not sure he's much different. I'm sure life was easier for him at Iowa having a top 10 team and Garza got a TON of attention leaving those shooters plenty of shots.

    I don't see the point in bringing in another guard. It would just piss the current guys off.

  2. #12
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,227
    They need to not worry about pissing guys off by bringing in the best talent they can. The question is....is the new player an upgrade over the current players? If the players want the freedom to move and not sit, they are going to have to come to the understanding that it also means that someone can come in and take their spot. You either accept it and deal with it, or you run away to somewhere that youll have it made and wont have to compete against the same level of competition. Id rather have 8 warriors on the team, than to have 13 cowards.

  3. #13
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Id rather have 8 warriors on the team, than to have 13 cowards.
    oh that's interesting because most people prefer to fill their rosters with cowards

  4. #14
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,718
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    They need to not worry about pissing guys off by bringing in the best talent they can. The question is....is the new player an upgrade over the current players? If the players want the freedom to move and not sit, they are going to have to come to the understanding that it also means that someone can come in and take their spot. You either accept it and deal with it, or you run away to somewhere that you’ll have it made and won’t have to compete against the same level of competition. I’d rather have 8 warriors on the team, than to have 13 cowards.
    You can take the 1980's "I'm in charge, do what I say" approach, but it simply won't work if you're paying attention to today's athlete.

    Yes, competition is good, very good, but continually recruiting over your current players is simply stupid to maintaining a positive culture. It's only human nature to feel slighted when it constantly happens, especially when it's not a need.

  5. #15
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    You can take the 1980's "I'm in charge, do what I say" approach, but it simply won't work if you're paying attention to today's athlete.

    Yes, competition is good, very good, but continually recruiting over your current players is simply stupid to maintaining a positive culture. It's only human nature to feel slighted when it constantly happens, especially when it's not a need.
    Exactly. Why would a player be willing to ride the bench as a freshman while they get better if the coach has a habit of recruiting over with transfers every year?

  6. #16
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,109
    Hearing now it may be UC where he ends up. 47% three shooter over two years. Really don’t want him at Clifton U. Looks like UK may no longer be an option as Mintz is coming back.

  7. #17
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Hearing now it may be UC where he ends up. 47% three shooter over two years. Really dont want him at Clifton U. Looks like UK may no longer be an option as Mintz is coming back.
    So uc who is garbage but yet hed start for nearly every program? Yeah we will be fine if the guy who scores 8 points a game with wide open looks from teams doubling Garza plays at uc. Hes basically kunkel whoope do

  8. #18
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,606
    Rumor becomes reality....Fredrick to UK.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...shooting-help/
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •