Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 315

Thread: Transfer Portal

  1. #11
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not a lot of 5's in the portal.
    Not yet but there will be about 2,000 to 3,000 kids in the portal before all said and done.

  2. #12
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,108
    Last edited by xavierj; 03-20-2021 at 08:03 AM.

  3. #13
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not a lot of 5's in the portal.
    The 24/7 site is very lacking in information on transfers.

    Here’s a much better site..... https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021

  4. #14
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The 24/7 site is very lacking in information on transfers.

    Here’s a much better site..... https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021
    Yeah. I only see one 5* and he is a SG.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

  5. #15
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Yeah. I only see one 5* and he is a SG.
    I think that Paul was commenting on the lack of centers listed on the 24/7 site, and not the lack of 5* players. There are a lot of centers listed on VC, and VC almost never rates a player as a 5*. I’ve seen a few 4.7, but only a couple of 5 over severe years.

  6. #16
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    16,687
    Yes, centers.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  7. #17
    Supporting Member OTRMUSKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Over The Rhine
    Posts
    2,147
    If we get another D2 player I’m gonna puke. I don’t care how good they are at D2. Since when did we need to go the D2 route? Good news is, this disaster of a program will be put out of their misery next year. Hopefully, coaches like Loyola coach and Pat Kelsey stay out for one more year. There will be a job opening at X very soon. I would also assume Creighton will part ways after Doug’s dad flips out of the first round again. Plus he apparently is for slavery still.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

  8. #18
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    If we get another D2 player I’m gonna puke. I don’t care how good they are at D2. Since when did we need to go the D2 route? Good news is, this disaster of a program will be put out of their misery next year. Hopefully, coaches like Loyola coach and Pat Kelsey stay out for one more year. There will be a job opening at X very soon. I would also assume Creighton will part ways after Doug’s dad flips out of the first round again. Plus he apparently is for slavery still.
    You don’t think Hankins was a pretty good pick up? There are a lot of D1 guys that shouldn’t be in D1 and a lot in D2 that could play D1. There are a NBA guys that came out of D2 programs. Max Struss was not bad either and is in the NBA right now. I don’t care where they come from as long as they can play.

  9. #19
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    You don’t think Hankins was a pretty good pick up? There are a lot of D1 guys that shouldn’t be in D1 and a lot in D2 that could play D1. There are a NBA guys that came out of D2 programs. Max Struss was not bad either and is in the NBA right now. I don’t care where they come from as long as they can play.
    I do think it is a big jump for a DII guy to make an impact in the the Big East conference. Level of competition is way different in all aspects. Hankins to me was different because it was Steele’s first recruiting class and he needed bodies.

  10. #20
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I do think it is a big jump for a DII guy to make an impact in the the Big East conference. Level of competition is way different in all aspects. Hankins to me was different because it was Steele’s first recruiting class and he needed bodies.
    You don’t think Max Struss handled the big east? I do. Look I am not saying that they should be recruiting D2 players but you should leave no stone unturned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •