Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruits

There's an article on ESPN+ which I don't have, about recruiting in the BE (and Villanova's dominance).

Interestingly, they are looking at recruiting at the Top 6 conferences...which means they're not looking at the AACK.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There's an article on ESPN+ which I don't have, about recruiting in the BE (and Villanova's dominance).

Interestingly, they are looking at recruiting at the Top 6 conferences...which means they're not looking at the AACK.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...cruiting-trail
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    I'm not paying $6 to read the article. What does it say ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'm not paying $6 to read the article. What does it say ?
    Basically that Nova can get whomever they want if it’s between them and another BE school, that they are actually recruiting against the blue bloods and not the rest of the BE, and that more often than not they are relying on players just outside the top 25. In regards to the rest of the BE, they see UConn, Gtown, and Marquette as a step below Nova and a step above everyone else. That the others (including X) are all kind of middle of the pack, except that DePaul and Butler suck.

No real breaking news or anything we didn’t already know.

Any of you locals see Evan Mahaffey play?(Moeller) Said he had a great visit with X yesterday. Offers from X. UC, WVU, IU.
    2018 Big East Champs!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Any of you locals see Evan Mahaffey play?(Moeller) Said he had a great visit with X yesterday. Offers from X. UC, WVU, IU.
    He reminded me of Dante Jackson when I watch him play. The competition wasnít very good however.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    He reminded me of Dante Jackson when I watch him play. The competition wasn’t very good however.
    With competition, AAU or GCL?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    With competition, AAU or GCL?
    GCL. Canít remember who they were playing but the competition wasnít very good.

GCL. Can’t remember who they were playing but the competition wasn’t very good.
    If it was this year, it must have been La Salle. The rest of the GCL finished in a three-way tie, with each of the three going 1-1 against each other.

I saw Mahaffey in the tournament and he seemed like a solid player, but nothing jumped out. I would guess he ends up at a MAC school at best. I didn't see them play, but I didn't get the sense he was as good as Deuce McBride (WVU) or Jeremiah Davenport (UC). He was the lone junior starter for Moeller, and it sounded like he was pigeon-holed into their point guard spot, so maybe he makes a jump this year in high school that people with a better eye can already see.
    His dad coached the Bill Walker, OJ Mayo teams at North College Hill.

GCL. Can’t remember who they were playing but the competition wasn’t very good.
    If you're talking GCL North, that makes more sense. Sounds as if there is some pedigree there and should have good fundamental skills for any position coming in. Yes, if next year he finds himself at a position he is more likely to play at the next level and the rest of the league is at their usual high level to really show that potential (or not), the question is, how early do you pull the trigger? I would expect, from what I am hearing here, that other higher level programs are waiting it out too. That does not inspire much confidence. He may want to take an offer in hand (MAC as mentioned) before better offers may (or may not - which is the key) materialize. Or he may take the first higher level offer that comes his way, which returns to the question, how soon do you pull the trigger?
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.