Page 446 of 462 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4617

Thread: Covid-19

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    COVID is not my main concern about a restaurant kitchen. It’s best not to think too deeply about the kitchen and staff when dining out...
    True story! I worked in a restaurant in college, there are worse things than covid going on in those kitchens, and this was at a medium priced steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Agreed, and for certain people on here, well mainly one person, really needs to get out and enjoy life instead of spending most of it on his favorite websites spreading misinformation and government conspiracies.

All you have to do is go outside and in public and realize things are starting to get more and more “normal.” Concerts are getting scheduled, larger events re getting scheduled, restaurants are starting to fill up,
    Other than my wife not flying for work half the time (though that starts again to some degree next month), my life is pretty much like it was 18 months ago. Sure, I wear a mask in the grocery store, no big deal.

One thing that bit me on the arse was Uber! I have only Ubered a couple times in the last year when it was absolutely necessary. With shots behind me I was meeting a friend for drinks. Trying to be smart, I got there via Uber. I realized it cost several times more than what it used to be, but I bit the bullet. When it was time to leave I got “no drivers available”. I tried repeatedly and ended up walking home about 4 miles. I have tried several times since then and sometimes I get a driver......sometimes I don’t. I check out of curiousity, then cancel.

I was a big fan of Uber, but now I know not to trust it. It would be a good time to be a driver! I was quoted $19-$34 for a 3 mile ride that took 8 minutes. That used to be a $7-8 trip every time.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    T

It's all about control -
    No, it's about money.

Sophomore
    And you believe them (part 1)

Pro-mask nut-job Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez caught at D.C. sports event without a Mask:

https://thenationalpulse.com/breakin...ed-in-dc-park/

Sophomore
    And you believe them (part 2)

Lunatic Democrat Governor Gretchen Whitmer Secretly Vacationed in Florida During Michigan’s Covid Surge While Telling Michiganders to Stay Home and Avoid Travel:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-avoid-travel/

Yea, this virus must be REAL dangerous!!

Sophomore
    “Why do so many vaccinated people remain fearful?”

"Thus the explanation can’t just be that we assign different treatments to “new risks and enduring ones.” It’s that Americans of today are orders of magnitude more risk-averse than our predecessors, and thus are more paralyzed and less productive. For a virus, Americans have chosen to cater to the most irrationally COVID-terrified voices among us, making us not only more paralyzed and less productive, but also increasingly less free."

"These irrational fears are manufactured. They’re instilled by folks like Anthony Fauci, who said just last week that “No, it’s still not OK,” when asked whether vaccinated or unvaccinated Americans should be eating and drinking inside at restaurants and bars. Infection counts are still “disturbingly high,” he said, again fueling the fire of illogical COVID terror.

“Even after you’re vaccinated, social distancing, wearing masks are going to be essential,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki warned in February. Meanwhile, corporations and the federal government are teaming up to make you prove you’re not unclean with a “vaccine passport” so you don’t pose an existential threat to your fellow citizens, blue-state leaders and bureaucrats are double-masking even after they’re vaccinated and saying “it is possible” we’ll still be wearing face masks in 2022, and Biden’s COVID adviser is saying the pandemic in the United States is still a “Category 5 hurricane” even after millions of Americans have been inoculated.

So no, it isn’t “natural” that the vaccinated continue to cling to irrational fears. It’s a direct result of scare-mongering and lies and an unwillingness to do any type of risk assessment until a Pfizer cocktail is coursing through one’s veins. It’s the predictable outcome after a year of terrifying rhetoric and fudged data, in which The New York Times itself played a role (see here, here, here, here, here, and here) — and continues to."

"Even in urging Americans to get over their paralyzing and irrational fear, Leonhardt plays into it, peddling the “solidarity” and “we’re all in this together” message. Newsflash for Leonhardt: The actions that “contribute[] to a culture of mask wearing,” such as donning a face-covering even after you’re vaccinated, are the same actions that reinforce the irrational fears of Americans."

"The irrationality of COVID fears didn’t start with the vaccine — and won’t end with it either. Today’s risk-averse Americans have decided en masse that safety is paramount, risk is unacceptable and therefore freedom is dangerous, and dissenters are malicious."

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/20...emonized-risk/

This sounds a lot like what I read often on this thread.
    This is from a Norwegian guy who posted a lot on social media:

But his real passion was COVID denial. As late as March 18, he was on social media criticizing the “massive measures” aimed at preventing infection of “something that will be like a cold or light flu.” He wondered whether the measures really were a means of “camouflaging that the Coronavirus does NOT spread from person to person.”
    Identifying himself as an independent researcher of suppressed information, he reminded his followers to remember that the “lying and weak media’s job is to trick its readers into blindly and obediently being led into the mud by lying and weak politicians.”
    On March 26th and 27th, undeterred by local ordinances enacted in the face of new virulent viral strains, he had two house parties. A dozen attendees have now come down with the disease. Gaarder ignored his symptoms, refused a COVID test, and denied having coronavirus.....
    But thinking COVID is a hoax can be fatal. And so it was for Hans Kristian Gaarder. On April 6th he died — aged 60 — of COVID.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    From the WSJ yesterday:

An American Epidemic of ‘Covid Mania’

"The novel coronavirus has caused suffering and heartbreak, particularly for older adults and their loved ones. But it also has a low mortality rate among most people and especially the young—estimated at 0.01% for people under 40—and therefore never posed a serious threat to social and economic institutions. Compassion and realism need not be enemies. But Covid mania crowded out reasoned and wise policy making."

"Covid mania has also wreaked havoc on science and its influence on policy. While scientists’ passion for discovery and improving health has fueled research on the novel coronavirus, Covid mania has interpreted scientific advancements through an increasingly narrow frame. There has only been one question: How can scientific findings be deployed to reduce Covid-19 spread? It hasn’t mattered how impractical these measures may be. Discoveries that might have helped save lives, such as better outpatient therapies, were ignored because they didn’t fit the desired policy outcome.

A prime example is mask research. However one feels about wearing masks, look at the evidence from California. Despite a mask mandate imposed last April and steady, high rates of compliance, California experienced a surge in Covid-19 cases over the winter."

"The good news is that recent state legislative efforts in Utah, Tennessee and Ohio to ban vaccine passports may burst the Covid mania bubble. If passports are banned, then risks from Covid must be assessed in the same way other risks—such as playing a sport or starting a new medication—are considered. In many places throughout the country, zero has become the only tolerable risk level. Why else are people who have been vaccinated or recovered from Covid still asked to wear masks? Reasonable policies cannot sprout from unreasonable levels of risk tolerance."

https://archive.fo/pnN6h

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This sounds a lot like what I read often on this thread.
    This is from a Norwegian guy who posted a lot on social media:
    So, if you’re over 50, wear a mask and socially distance you have 0 chance of catching and passing from COVID? I bet this guy wished he did all of these things so there was no risk if he did...

Supporting Member
    Proving that *some* libs are capable of learning, Bill Maher went off on some COVID stupidity, and got most of it right:
    https://www.aier.org/article/bill-ma...vid-monologue/

It's a gradual process. People are figuring out this bull... one by one, in descending order of critical thinking skills.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"