Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I read that they have body bag games set up with Louisville, Kentucky and Georgia, and apparently those are far too valuable to give up. So I guess closing up shop isn't an option until they've made sure their next three teams worth of kids get the hell beat out of them (well, maybe not by Kentucky).
    Yeah, the going rate for a buy game against an FBS team is about a million bucks these days. They're probably getting close to $500k for each of those games, which is a lot if you're Murray State
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Dave Reynolds @DaveReynolds2

Sources have told me that Valley officials visited Murray State Monday, are at Valparaiso today and have visits set for Milwaukee and Omaha.

If the Valley adds Murray, Valpo and UW-Milwaukee, that would be a very solid mid-major league.

Sources have told me that Valley officials visited Murray State Monday, are at Valparaiso today and have visits set for Milwaukee and Omaha.

If the Valley adds Murray, Valpo and UW-Milwaukee, that would be a very solid mid-major league.
    I think they're only going to pick one. Murray State is by far the best candidate out of that group. I know Valpo is strong overall, and has been much better the last two years, but I still think Murray is the best long term pick. The question still remains what happens with Murray's football team.

Sophomore

i don't really get the sentiment for the MVC to add Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    The market. I agree that it's not a good pick, but that's the (perhaps flawed) reason.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Nice market, nice arena, okay basketball. They would be foolish to not add at least 3 teams. You can't replace Wichita State with any one program outside the major conferences. I think they should talk to these 5 schools and add at least 3 of them:

Murray State
    Valparaiso
    Oakland
    Milwaukee
    Northern Kentucky

All of those schools have either great facilities, good markets, or a good basketball tradition. And I think all of them have the potential to be pretty good in the MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by dnnrobert View Post
    Nice market, nice arena, okay basketball. They would be foolish to not add at least 3 teams. You can't replace Wichita State with any one program outside the major conferences. I think they should talk to these 5 schools and add at least 3 of them:

Murray State
    Valparaiso
    Oakland
    Milwaukee
    Northern Kentucky

All of those schools have either great facilities, good markets, or a good basketball tradition. And I think all of them have the potential to be pretty good in the MVC.
    If they had more than seven full members with baseball teams I'm not so sure they'd be adding anyone, much less adding three schools.

Rumor has it that the MVC is adding Valpo, and that it is the only team they intend to add.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Rumor has it that the MVC is adding Valpo, and that it is the only team they intend to add.
    That sucks.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Guessing Murray State's football situation may be preventing the move if that's the case.