Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blue bloods

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Am I the only person that thinks the name blue bloods, is some cheesy name, made up by some cheese dick, that wants people to think like he knows something?
    I'll throw some support your way (though this is a fine off season topic).

I make a small cringe whenever I hear "Power 5" and "blue bloods" in the same way as I used to with "mid-major." I'd rather discuss a list of top programs in the last xx years than which programs, by virtue of name recognition first, success second, (and often ignored scandal third), deserve some designation. North Carolina as a blue blood in a pejorative sense comes to mind.

Maybe the "Blue Bloods" would be a good name for the student section (whatever was that decided to be anyway??)
    Last edited by WCWIII; 04-25-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Yeah......we aren't a blue blood or even close to it. I'm just fine with who we are and how we are perceived.....which I think all of college basketball knows how good we have been for the last 30 years. X won't cross over into another level until we crack the Final 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah......we aren't a blue blood or even close to it. I'm just fine with who we are and how we are perceived.....which I think all of college basketball knows how good we have been for the last 30 years. X won't cross over into another level until we crack the Final 4.
    I think a Final 4 wouldn't necessarily jump us up yet, though it would be a start. I think we need a couple Final Four's to hit the next group of programs, though I think we're still on the cusp. We just quite aren't a household name, and I'm totally fine with that. Break down the mold and let's hit the next level, but until then I'm very happy with our program. We're on the rise, it's the calm before the storm to the casual viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think a Final 4 wouldn't necessarily jump us up yet, though it would be a start. I think we need a couple Final Four's to hit the next group of programs, though I think we're still on the cusp. We just quite aren't a household name, and I'm totally fine with that. Break down the mold and let's hit the next level, but until then I'm very happy with our program. We're on the rise, it's the calm before the storm to the casual viewer.
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unless you're a select handful of programs, recruits don't really care about what you did in the distant past. It's all about the present.