Former XU Assistant and Cincinnati Legend added to GTown Staff

Link

Fanragsports.com's Jon Rothstein reported last week that Ewing was expected to add Orr to his staff.
    Orr is a Cincinnati native and former Withrow High School standout. He starred at Syracuse and was a second-round pick of the Indiana Pacers in 1980 who played eight seasons in the NBA - for the Pacers and New York Knicks.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Louis Orr is barely connected to XU by a thread. I consider him about a part of Xavier's legacy as Dawn Rogers. *Forgettable*
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Louis Orr is barely connected to XU by a thread. I consider him about a part of Xavier's legacy as Dawn Rogers. *Forgettable*
    I'm just repeating the hyperbole that was in the newspaper of the People.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Louis Orr helped out with big men on a part time basis for a number of seasons during Pete Gillens tenure. After Skip and Dino left for HC jobs, we replaced them with Bobby Gonzalez and Louis Orr was promoted to a full time position for Pete's last season. FWIW that was the season of the handshake game with UC, which ended with a loss to a Rat Faced Steve Lappas coached Nova team, featuring future NBA player Kerry Kittles. Gonzalez was an NYC AAU coach Pete knew through the Five Star camps, and Pete thought he would help recruiting the northeast. Orr focused on the big men, and was on the staff for Brian Grant's senior season.

Both followed Gillen to Providence, and ended up as mediocre head coaches. I never thought much of either coach, but the players all loved Orr. He is a good man, big heart, and can relate well to young players. I don't know how many players he really developed or helped improve but I don't think it is a big number. I am a little surprised he is still coaching, to be honest.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Gonzalez may have been a better coach if he wasn't such an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    MOR, don't get me started on Dawn Rogers. She frickin sold WVXU! WTF was she thinking.

Speaking of Dawn Rogers, I saw that she was named the executive director/CEO for the 2017 Final Four event. I think she left her job at Arizona State to take that job. It might be just a one-shot deal.