Page 241 of 272 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2712
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Whatever. You appear to seriously need to brush up on your logic and reading comprehension skills.
    There will always be people who don’t believe certain things exist. We just saw Alex Jones believe that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax created by actors. Just the world we live in.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    There will always be people who don’t believe certain things exist. We just saw Alex Jones believe that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax created by actors. Just the world we live in.
    You also need help with logic and reading comprehension. This discussion has nothing to do with MOR's views on climate change. They well known, set in stone, and curiously more certain than scientists are about what's happening. Rather this discussion is about MOR's hypocrisy in citing UN modeling forecasts to support his views while incessantly denigrating these same models when they forecast something he doesn't believe.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

You also need help with logic and reading comprehension. This discussion has nothing to do with MOR's views on climate change. They well known, set in stone, and curiously more certain than scientists are about what's happening. Rather this discussion is about MOR's hypocrisy in citing UN modeling forecasts to support his views while incessantly denigrating these same models when they forecast something he doesn't believe.
    Do you support the models MOR cited that you believe he now supports?
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Do you support the models MOR cited that you believe he now supports?
    I have a great deal of faith in the IPCC reports and the modeling that they are based upon. And so if the climate effect is as small as indicated by the models, that calls into question the value of the legislation. My suspicion is that the larger effect will occur because the US efforts will have positive spillover effects on other countries. But that’s purely speculation on my part.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I have a great deal of faith in the IPCC reports and the modeling that they are based upon. And so if the climate effect is as small as indicated by the models, that calls into question the value of the legislation. My suspicion is that the larger effect will occur because the US efforts will have positive spillover effects on other countries. But that’s purely speculation on my part.
    Fair, I don’t share your faith in developing nations for follow suit. Esp China.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Fair, I don’t share your faith in developing nations for follow suit. Esp China.
    Hope, not faith. Especially with China.

None of those models have been any where near accurate so far.
    I quoted a Wall Street Journal article that was pointing out the huge cost to the economy due to virtue signaling.
    Guess what. Summer is hot as it always is, Winter is cold like it always is. Leaves appear and then fall when they should.
    Still waiting for palm trees to sprout on Lake Erie.
    You want hypocrisy? John Kerry’s & Obama’s coastal compounds, the private jets and multiple fossil fuel powered cars owned by those elites who are so concerned about “Climate”.
    Nice racket, but keep showing up at stupid rallies that accomplish nothing, but convince libs to print more money for unworkable “solutions”.
    Yeah. The models suck and so does throwing away trillions.
    Meanwhile China & India are building more coal plants, developing countries will still use child labor and environmentally terrible procedures to extract the rare earth materials that the virtue signallers want and they will use the cheapest energy possible to develop their economies.
    Those are the inconvenient facts.
    Enjoy that .0002 of a degree reduction since YOU believe in models
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 08-09-2022 at 05:22 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yikes!!

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Yikes!!

That was from 2008, no way they would shoot that commercial now.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    That was from 2008, no way they would shoot that commercial now.
    In today's climate they would probably shoot each other.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.