Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you allowed seniors to stay another year I think you would be creating problems with recruits that you have brought in or are bringing in that are expecting to move into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    If he was planning on being an accountant or something after leaving, I would say, "Paul, you got the rest of your life to work. So stay in school."

But since he presumably plans to play hoops for a living, I would say, "Paul, you got about 10-12 or so more years to earn a living playing hoops. You should start doing that immediately."
    Exactly. Plus Paul turns 23 in March, so he isn't exactly young for a College Senior. He's leaving.

I actually don't think all that many top-shelf Seniors come back next year and take advantage of the 'free' year this year. I think most will want to get on with their post-college lives. I was happy to graduate College and get to work when I was that age. I was wrong, of course, but that's how I felt at the time.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    If you allowed seniors to stay another year I think you would be creating problems with recruits that you have brought in or are bringing in that are expecting to move into the rotation.
    Well Xavier doesn't have any guards coming in next year so there's that.
    Balls of Steele!!

Possibly, but it’s not going to be a problem unique to one school. It’s going to be a potential problem everywhere, so it will be something that almost every recruit might have to deal with. I have a feeling that it will work it’s way out, as many schools won’t be able to afford an expanded roster, and the schools that can might well have the majority of their seniors decide to move on. It’s not an automatic thing that the seniors will stay, it’s only that the NCAA is granting them an extra year IF they are given the option by their school or another school to do so.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I don't care who is coming in next year, if Scruggs tells Steele he wants to stay then Steele would welcome him back with open arms.

That being said I can't imagine Scruggs wanting to come back again given that he can go somewhere and make money playing basketball next year and those years are finite.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

No

Yes

Yes
    Balls of Steele!!