Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East News

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Ummmm....that just doesn't sound right.
    http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...ill-reclassify
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Junior
    Typical Chicago sleaze move, hire the kids coach in hopes of getting the kid. They previously hired Garrett's Dad, so that Garrett would go there. And I believe I read now that Garrett is gone Dad has followed.

Correct. Garrett Sr is now gone.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Typical Chicago sleaze move, hire the kids coach in hopes of getting the kid. They previously hired Garrett's Dad, so that Garrett would go there. And I believe I read now that Garrett is gone Dad has followed.
    To be fair, I think they're getting a much higher quality coach in Heirman than BG ever was. I have less of a problem with schools hiring the high school coach in hopes of recruits than hiring the dad to guarentee a recruit(s).

Junior
    Reading the kid's quotes you get the idea he doesn't know Dave Laeto from Super Dave Osborne. He just knows his prep school coach will be there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    and to be fair, it might not just be to attract Brian Bowen, hiring the LaLumiere and Meanstreets coaches gives DePaul pretty good connections to a lot of great players.
    looks like it only took a week, and.....i called it haha

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    To be fair, I think they're getting a much higher quality coach in Heirman than BG ever was. I have less of a problem with schools hiring the high school coach in hopes of recruits than hiring the dad to guarentee a recruit(s).
    yeah, this guy is probably a better coach, and he should be a better recruiter, as Garrett's dad was pretty much just to get one player.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    yeah, this guy is probably a better coach, and he should be a better recruiter, as Garrett's dad was pretty much just to get one player.
    The theory was the Garrett's dad would be a pipeline to the Mac Irvin Fire AAU program. Problem was the only Fire players that DePaul could land were ones that did not belong in the Big East.

People around Chicago knew the La Lumiere coach was headed to DePaul for the past 3 months. It was just the announcement that was delayed.

Sophomore
    I wish Super Dave Osborne coached DePaul.

4 years since the "official" Big East celebration. Wow, what a ride so far......
    2023 Sweet 16