Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar

Drama in Clifton

Hey look. I don't know if John Brannen is a good guy or not. All I know is that he is now the head coach of the Clifton Cretins and therefore the enemy. I look forward to building hate against him in some form. I do know one thing-those assclowns who are SucKS honks will always be the AntiChrist to me and I never want any good things in their basketball lives.

In the meantime, it is pleasant to see that Brooks has entered the Transfer Portal and that Cumberland has placed his name in the NBA Draft and intends on hiring an agent, although now that means he could still come back. I read somewhere that Samari Curtis was "rumored" to be reconsidering his LOI and was "thinking" of pulling away from the Borecats. Has anyone heard anything on this or has there been any report on this?

Any more word on the continuing drama as stories developed would be appreciated and posted here. Nice to see that clifton college is a steppingstone program in both football and basketball and that the unending Thuggins coaching string has finally been broken. That circus played in town way too damn long. Hope they enjoy their lives in the purgatory of the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

All-Conference
    As is true with us, it all comes back to recruits. It's not easy to convince 4 and 5 stars to play in the AAC.

I think you will see a completely different brand of basketball and basketball player as this evolves at UC. I think Brannen will follow more of Xavier's recruiting profile than Micks or Huggins.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It's not easy to convince 4 and 5 stars to play in the AAC.
    Someone tell Penny!

There's no reason that the AAC should be a major impediment to them recruiting well and having an excellent program. In football? Sure. But in basketball there's no reason they can't be more than fine. But I will enjoy it when they suck!

Sophomore
    There are a few obstacles to recruiting in the aac. 1. Their media rights deal is awful. Recruits will be on national tv like twice a year. 2. The geography of the conference is all over the place. Uconn, temple, and Cincinnati have to recruit guys to go play Tulsa, Ecu, and USF

Penny has had success so far with aau connections and who knows how long that will last and UConn has done a good job under Hurley. It’s possible to recruit well but there are certainly disadvantages

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Someone tell Penny!

There's no reason that the AAC should be a major impediment to them recruiting well and having an excellent program. In football? Sure. But in basketball there's no reason they can't be more than fine. But I will enjoy it when they suck!
    Memphis pays too well to not get recruits. They've been real dirty for at least 30 years.

It will depend on how much success Brannen has. If he is routinely getting to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, he’ll be able to recruit better talent. The first few years will be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Memphis pays too well to not get recruits.
    Based on the events of the past year....so does everyone else who gets recruits.

Based on the events of the past year....so does everyone else who gets recruits.
    Yep and no reason not to. Miller and Wade were just told no worries, keep doing what you are doing. Some one from the investigation just said Sean is clearly paying players but doesn’t need to testify but we will turn over to the NCAA. Meaning he is good to go.

But I will enjoy it when they suck!
    Well, except for the Shockers :)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Also, UCLA should be in great shape. Mick's bringing the significant ingredient with him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1120336532945158144
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.