Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I agree. I mean if one of the guys might transfer I would think him. He has really made any jump as a soph on a team that severely lacks depth.

The freshmen though I wouldn't fully understand. Freshman usually dont make a huge impact at X unless they are really special.
    I think if you can't get on the floor for a bad team, you generally leave. I'd be surprised if more than one of Harden, Kennedy or James return. And I would not be at all surprised if all three leave.

Rebounding is still the glaring issue for me.

That's an effort stat and after I brought it up a few games ago it's only gotten worse.

Depaul got 41% of their misses last night. That's an absurd number.

This team's issues start with defense and rebounding.

You can win a lot of games with an offense in the top 55.

It's hard to win any with a defense outside the top 200.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Do we have anyone with the actual skill to do this ?
    Even Scruggs & Naji are more likely to turn the ball over than make individually forced plays.
    No. That's my point.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Sophomore
    If you want to see us beat DePaul 6 weeks ago you may want to watch this.. There is a little difference in spacing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHH_fQNQAfY

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Its b/c we don't run any kind of offense at all. I don't even know what our offensive sets are called other than dribble around the perimeter. Hope to dump it inside to Jones or Hankins and hopefully they get a shot off. Really, we are very easy to defend. We almost never make the extra pass or two.

Watch our guys and name the last player to do a head fake and get the defender off his feet. I see a team lacking basic basketball IQ and fundamentals. Most of that is coaching..........
    This is spot on. The "weave" at the top of the 3 point arc makes me throw up every time. That is 10 shot clock seconds wasted....for what? A late jack
    #WeaveToHeave
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Usually before they get to school and they want out the school lets them out of their commitment and they dont need to sit. Right? That is how I understand it. Kind of douchey by a school not to.

But honestly I am not worried about any decommits. I get being worried by worst case scenarios given how bad this season has turned out but I dont think most recruits decommit because their team had a bad season the year before they go there. They committed to Steele not Mack. I feel ok about the recruits staying committed.
    I'm worried about transfers...
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Its b/c we don't run any kind of offense at all. I don't even know what our offensive sets are called other than dribble around the perimeter. Hope to dump it inside to Jones or Hankins and hopefully they get a shot off. Really, we are very easy to defend. We almost never make the extra pass or two.

Watch our guys and name the last player to do a head fake and get the defender off his feet. I see a team lacking basic basketball IQ and fundamentals. Most of that is coaching..........
    I’m not saying Travis is without blame but a lot of this is a result of not having any shooting. We’re easy to defend because Paul is the only person that can hit a shot outside the paint. Q can’t even make uncontested layups. The weave helps us open driving lanes. We make the extra pass but the extra pass is to a guy that can’t shoot so what does it matter? Head fakes don’t matter cause no ones a threat to shoot etc.

The basketball iq is definitely at a premium and that’s definitely on coaching
    Last edited by scoscox; 02-10-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Three home games left...really curious what those crowds are going to look like...have tickets to the st John's game and I really dont feel like going...cant believe I'm thinking that way about a xavier game.

I hear you. I'm thinking about Wednesday night in particular. 8:30 pm start, which you know full well means 8:45 or worse. I HATE those late night work night games anyway, but with a very real chance at a bad loss, I'm strongly considering just watching the game on TV. That way, when the team checks out, so can I.

I need the "Why should I make the trip to Cintas to watch this level performance, under these conditions" pep talk.

That said, fully planning on going to see the Villanova game.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    I hear you. I'm thinking about Wednesday night in particular. 8:30 pm start, which you know full well means 8:45 or worse. I HATE those late night work night games anyway, but with a very real chance at a bad loss, I'm strongly considering just watching the game on TV. That way, when the team checks out, so can I.

I need the "Why should I make the trip to Cintas to watch this level performance, under these conditions" pep talk.

That said, fully planning on going to see the Villanova game.
    Well a friend gave me a strong pep talk and I’m at Cintas. That talk including a ticket to the Lookout club area helped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)