Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Team 96

Xavier second in every category gets one brief mention in the 3-point category (which would have been better had Stainbrook not made that one 3-pointer)

Not surprising to see Kentucky last or second last in every category. Kind of exemplifies the difference in philosophy and approach of each program, of which I am thankful.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Xavier second in every category gets one brief mention in the 3-point category (which would have been better had Stainbrook not made that one 3-pointer)

Not surprising to see Kentucky last or second last in every category. Kind of exemplifies the difference in philosophy and approach of each program, of which I am thankful.
    Not to mention add this loaded class we have, and we have a really good outlook for the season. Sure the Freshmen will have some growing pains, but if they can develop towards the end like Q did, we might be in for a special March. Also, this is a promising tweet as well:

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...46412749791234

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Really interesting analysis. It's fairly predictable that our strength in Bluiett gets stronger if we shore up scoring from others and interior defense. But still, I like how they laid out the improvement in March. Teachable moments!

I didn't think interior defense was bad last season, but it could always be better. Defending the three seems to frequently be an issue for Xavier teams. I also didn't realize that Goodin was playing as poorly as this made it sound. Clearly, he has room to grow and I'm confident he'll manage the offense better this year.

2023 Sweet 16

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Any preseason list of top 10 NCAA players which omits Delgado is highly suspect; but I cannot see Jalen Brunson in same status. Brunson is very fine player for 'Nova but not quite 2nd team AA.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Mostly b/c Hart & Jenkins were standing on the wings; I know he is very good but AA. Some would say he might not start at KY.
    These did not age well! Sorry I had to! I was reading Jay Bilas stating he was is pick for POY and I remembered someone being kind of down on Brunson and came back to look at the thread.

I thought Brunson would have a really good year, did not think he would be POY but he is trending towards that now.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This team is starting to feel capable of something that rhymes with Lionel More.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    This team is starting to feel capable of something that rhymes with Lionel More.
    Hahah if you said this a couple weeks ago you would have been crucified. It's still a long way until March, let's just keep improving, gel, and peak in March. I'd love to see Mack get a Final 4 in a record-setting year, WHY NOT SET TWO?