Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I've been told that his team nickname given to him by the players is "Tough".
    I thought it was "Frosty".
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I said this about Jones a few games back, but it's as if some of the team has decided that if there is no NCAA Tournament it won't be because of them.
    Leave Q behind, in the sense that you allow him to dress, but he sits shall we say not close to the coaches during games. Jones, Marshall and Scruggs with all their capabilities to go along with all their warts. Carter, and hopefully with a notch up in contributions from here on out. Bryce contributing solid minutes. KyKy and Freemantle.

Hell, the fire in Jones from that video clip may evidence the fire that propels them from here to at least an adequately successful season.
    X A V I E R

Does anyone else think this thread title is slighty inappropriate? I mean, tough as nails, for a Catholic University, just conjures up thoughts of Jesus pinned to the cross.

Discuss.
    Last edited by atljar; 02-18-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I encourage every X fan to watch the Press conference tonight as Steele says Zach is 100% all in and he is super laser focused on winning. Very intense. Loved seeing Tyrique Jones grab Zach and will him to realize the awesomeness of a giant play .
    Just as impressive to me was that after the great basket that Naji muscled the ball to Zach to score, Zach was still laser focused, grabbed the next defensive rebound, then calmly sinks 2 frees in Madison Square Garden like it was in the local park. No big deal, right?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Leave Q behind, in the sense that you allow him to dress, but he sits shall we say not close to the coaches during games.

Hell, the fire in Jones from that video clip may evidence the fire that propels them from here to at least an adequately successful season.
    I just hope Q gets his 1,000 point. Other than that, whatever.

Tyrique has assumed the Malcomb Bernard mantle of 2017. He's the Unquestioned, Unbreakable Leader. With Big Shoulders that can carry the load.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Does anyone else think this thread title is slighty inappropriate? I mean, tough as nails, for a Catholic University, just conjures up thoughts of Jesus pinned to the cross.

Discuss.
    Xeus, he raises a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Leave Q behind, in the sense that you allow him to dress, but he sits shall we say not close to the coaches during games.
    There's no doubt that Q is offering little if anything anymore. That said, I do find it a little sad that a three year starter is ending his career on this note.

Junior
    There's no doubt that Q is offering little if anything anymore. That said, I do find it a little sad that a three year starter is ending his career on this note.
    Obviously not as extreme- but I have never seen an ending worse than Myles Davis. That was bizarre

Xeus, he raises a good point.
    Just like Jesus!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post

Discuss.
    Keep fighting the good fight.