Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free Ben Stanley....and all the other transfers

Nothing new in the sentiment....and I know others have written that there is a chance the Oversight Committee will get the NCAA to change their position and make all transfers immediately eligible, BUT XU basketball just tweeted out this video of Ben Stanley on the sidelines from last night's game:

https://twitter.com/XavierMBB/status...709343745?s=20

I love this kid! He must be freed! LET BEN BALL!!!
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

I just don't understand the logic of saying, "hey everybody gets a free year this year, don't worry about it." but then denying a waiver to be honest, seems kind of backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I just don't understand the logic of saying, "hey everybody gets a free year this year, don't worry about it." but then denying a waiver to be honest, seems kind of backwards.
    I’m SO glad I clicked on that! We need another big body to battle the BE, but his entertainment value alone might (almost) be more important to me! I see another fan favorite on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m SO glad I clicked on that! We need another big body to battle the BE, but his entertainment value alone might (almost) be more important to me! I see another fan favorite on the horizon.
    If he EVER sees the Cintas floor, he will be one of those classic "Ganstas' in the locker room"......very necessary in the MIGHTY BIG EAST.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    If he EVER sees the Cintas floor, he will be one of those classic "Ganstas' in the locker room"......very necessary in the MIGHTY BIG EAST.
    What about this from Goodman:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...48346694176769

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    What about this from Goodman:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...48346694176769

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Sounds like the NCAA used the same logic I had... the world may end

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Speaking of the "free year" does anyone think we will have guys take advantage of it? Will Carter, Griffin, Johnson, or Scruggs come back for another year? Will X want them back? What does our incoming class look like and how does that affect who X would want to come back? I think Scruggs is gone and wont be back. Wonder about the other 3? And then the others moving moving forward do we count on any of them eventually using that extra year?

Wonder how Steele looks at roster management with this free year?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Let's assume Stanley, Kunkel, Wilcher and Jones are all back. Sounds like Stanley gets good minutes. Do the other 3 take anyone's minutes? Nate Johnson has played pretty well. Are these guys an upgrade from Nate yet?

I can't see Steele throwing in Wilcher and Jones into the Shootout as their first ever real college game.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

I can't see Steele throwing in Wilcher and Jones into the Shootout as their first ever real college game.
    Not even after X goes up by 20?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Let's assume Stanley, Kunkel, Wilcher and Jones are all back. Sounds like Stanley gets good minutes. Do the other 3 take anyone's minutes? Nate Johnson has played pretty well. Are these guys an upgrade from Nate yet?

Well not sure whose minutes he will take but up until he had to quarantine, Jones was going to start, so I am sure he will play a lot. Kunkel and Wilcher can shoot so they will also get a chance to show what they can do. Against EKU Xavier had 4 guys play 38 minutes or more. All of those guys could have played a lot of minutes in that game. I think if all are able to play Xavier will just go 9 or 10 deep and play the hot hand. Good to have options.