Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Is the Big East really going to have the BET in a completely empty MSG this year?!? That will be strange.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Is the Big East really going to have the BET in a completely empty MSG this year?!? That will be strange.
    Good article from Matt Norlander of CBS Sports looking at the conference tournament dilemma.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...d-this-season/

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I don't know how "legitimate" this tourney can be? You can't delay games and extend this thing out for 2-3 months. What happens if a team cant play b/c of Covid. A forfeit I suppose? Just a mess. The normal excitement and drama simply just wont be there.We are only 6-8 weeks away from this thing starting. There is little to no chance that that positive cases drop dramatically between now and then.
    Cases are currently dropping pretty rapidly (https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/...016193/photo/1). And with them putting all 68 teams in one location with no travel, no classes to go to, no girlfriends, etc., it'll actually be a pretty controlled environment. When that was the case, things like the NBA & NHL bubble, MLB playoffs, etc, seemed to go off without much issue.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU '11 View Post
    Cases are currently dropping pretty rapidly (https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/...016193/photo/1). And with them putting all 68 teams in one location with no travel, no classes to go to, no girlfriends, etc., it'll actually be a pretty controlled environment. When that was the case, things like the NBA & NHL bubble, MLB playoffs, etc, seemed to go off without much issue.
    Difference with NBA bubbles is literally everyone who was in the NBA bubble that any NBA player interacted with was tested. That wont be the case most likely in Indy. Also coming into the bubble they all had to be tested then still isolate for some number of days before being allowed to be let go within the bubble.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Difference with NBA bubbles is literally everyone who was in the NBA bubble that any NBA player interacted with was tested. That wont be the case most likely in Indy. Also coming into the bubble they all had to be tested then still isolate for some number of days before being allowed to be let go within the bubble.
    Really? I assume they would be. The current NCAA recommendation is testing 3 times a week for everybody inside 'Tier 1'. That includes all coaches, trainers, support staff, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see daily testing once the tournament starts, plus the requirement that they test daily starting 10 days in advance of the first games.

The bubble might not be as tight as the NBA's, but I bet those players and coaches go from their hotel room to the gym plus maybe a private conference room for study hall and team meetings. And nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    What happens if a team cant play b/c of Covid. A forfeit I suppose? Just a mess. The normal excitement and drama simply just wont be there.We are only 6-8 weeks away from this thing starting. There is little to no chance that that positive cases drop dramatically between now and then.
    Good point!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU '11 View Post
    Really? I assume they would be. The current NCAA recommendation is testing 3 times a week for everybody inside 'Tier 1'. That includes all coaches, trainers, support staff, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see daily testing once the tournament starts, plus the requirement that they test daily starting 10 days in advance of the first games.

The bubble might not be as tight as the NBA's, but I bet those players and coaches go from their hotel room to the gym plus maybe a private conference room for study hall and team meetings. And nothing else.
    They will be tested, I think every day for 7 days leading to tourney is the requirement.

But what I am saying is in the NBA bubble all players and teams played at one bubble location and lived in that same location. Any and every person they came in contact with was tested and admitted to the bubble under strict guidelines.

The tourney is in "Indy" but really is spread out within 2 hours being there are games in Bloomington, West Lafayette, and actual Indy. That is very spread out. They will be at multiple hotels at multiple locations. It is 68 teams. I am also pretty sure there with be hotel staff etc that are vetted/tested to the extent of the NBA bubble. There may even be other hotel guests unrelated, probably will be.

I think its best case scenario and hopefully goes well, but I dont think it is even remotely comparable to the NBA bubble.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Am I just missing it, or has The Big East and Val Ackerman been strangely silent and uncommunicative during this season?
    We usually see a lot of Val around, and I think she's a fantastic Commish, but this silence is so weird.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

This whole year has been weird.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Yeah, definitely bizarre. The Big East really blew the scheduling thing with this...there is likely no chance we play our full slate of conference games, we probably lose out on 5-6 at least. I wonder if all the missed games will affect the FS1 money.