Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: UConn

It can definitely be any of 1-3, because even if it's completely true UConn has to deny it at this stage.

From a basketball standpoint, adding UCONN and going to 20 conference games to keep the round robin is an absolute no brainer right?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    From a basketball standpoint, adding UCONN and going to 20 conference games to keep the round robin is an absolute no brainer right?
    For everyone but 'brew, yes. Best program in college basketball the last 15 years plus the best single athletic program in the history of college athletics (UConn women's hoops)? Yeah, that's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    For everyone but 'brew, yes. Best program in college basketball the last 15 years plus the best single athletic program in the history of college athletics (UConn women's hoops)? Yeah, that's a no-brainer.
    Sign me up for UCONN at the Cintas every season. I think Rick hit the nail on the head on the pod -- Xavier is really good at scheduling, but that's despite being in a middle ground where no true blue bloods will schedule home and homes and Xavier won't be bought for those games. Extra conference games, especially against UCONN, make life easier. I'm sure Mario could work wonders with:

3 exempt event games
    UC
    Wake
    3/4 buy games
    1/2 home/home with a P5 team

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It can definitely be any of 1-3, because even if it's completely true UConn has to deny it at this stage.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Yes.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'm now completely convinced that no one on the administrative level at UConn that actually matters has any interest at all in joining the Big East and that there have been no discussions whatsoever with the Big East about it happening. Take that for what it's worth. But I guess we all got a fun discussion out of it.
    I think it is about 75% they join. The American does nothing for them and basketball is their identity. I can see them going MAC or independent for football.

UConn

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    when it comes to reporting on actual college hoops news he has great connections and is pretty reliable. But, when it comes to pretty much anything else he is full of shit, in my opinion at least.
    Yup. Rothstein is way too positive about different teams. If he had his way, the top 25 would have nearly 40 teams and the tournament would somehow squeeze 90 teams into a 68-team field. However, he has good connections.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think it is about 75% they join. The American does nothing for them and basketball is their identity. I can see them going MAC or independent for football.
    Joining the Big East and going independent in football would cost them about $4 million a year in revenue. Joining the MAC in football would mean having to play four MAC schools every year in men's and women's basketball as a condition of being an affiliate member, and it would mean walking away from just under $3 million a year in revenue.

I don't think they'd even consider joining the Big East unless they can remain an affiliate football member in the AAC, and not have to give up any revenue sharing. I also don't see the AAC agreeing to that. I mean, as great as UConn football is, I could still see the AAC not wanting to bend over backwards to accomodate them.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White