Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I'd be shocked if he never coaches again. I agree with others- USC is a likely destination and ND is shortly behind.
    Wasn't the deal to Notre Dame basically as good as done before he ended up at Florida? I vaguely remember something like that, but I could see ND being a spot he goes to if he decides to coach again, would just depend on what happens with Brian Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    As an aside, Debo Samuel (the Gamecocks best player and likely good draft pick) has opted out of the bowl game (assumedly to avoid injury).

Wonder how wide spread this is.
    Debo Samuel is a beast, I think he'll translate well at the next level. As for the second question, it's becoming more and more common. I'm sure out of WVU, where it's a disappointing bowl after being so close to a conference championship, Will Grier will sit, Yodney Cajuste (projected 1st round) will sit, and maybe a couple on defense. It seems if you aren't really in a NY6 bowl, or something worth meaningful, players sit. And I don't really blame them for that, secure your money, the stuff like what happened to Mackenzie Milton can happen in a flash.

Are you guys aware of the fact that Urban has a brain cyst?

A brain cyst is a type of abnormal fluid-filled sac in the brain. They are generally benign (not cancer). ... Even if a brain cyst is not cancer, it can still cause problems. The cyst may press against brain tissue and cause symptoms, such as headache, vision problems, or nausea.

Urban Meyer is finished when it comes to coaching.

Ohio State was always his dream job. He's most likely to remain camped out in Dublin, OH as he cranks his broadcast career back up after he goes out on top with a Rose Bowl victory.
    X A V I E R

At this rate, we'll be watching Clempson/Alabama in the final for the next few years.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    At this rate, we'll be watching Clempson/Alabama in the final for the next few years.
    And please...spare me from watching (perennially over-rated) Notre Dame in the BCS championship series.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    And please...spare me from watching (perennially over-rated) Notre Dame in the BCS championship series.
    It was just a weird season for Notre Dame. The names on their schedule were good, but none of those names were worth a shit. We had to wait for yesterday to find out how good Notre Dame is. Answer: not very.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I mean who else was supposed to be there? Guess you can say georgia but Notre dame deserved to be there being that they were undefeated and played a power 5 schedule. Clemson and alabama are just so much better than everyone else besides maybe georgia. Anyone else was going to get killed.

Right college football is Alabama and Clemson and the rest. The difference is rather large. It’s boring. I tried to watch the bowls but between this playoff sham and the other bowls where teams are missing guys to prepare for the draft it’s a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I mean who else was supposed to be there? Guess you can say georgia but Notre dame deserved to be there being that they were undefeated and played a power 5 schedule. Clemson and alabama are just so much better than everyone else besides maybe georgia. Anyone else was going to get killed.
    Georgia is most likely a better team than ND but everyone crying about them not being need to quit. Georgia would have probably been in had they not gotten murdered by LSU and then lost to Alabama. I could see them being in only losing to Alabama.

Sophomore
    The Purdue loss for Ohio State was disappointing for multiple reasons, but mostly because Ohio State is really the only school outside of Clemson that has the athletes to compete with Alabama and that loss removed any chance of an interesting playoff

Sophomore
    Also, while ND is getting a lot of heat, oklahoma was less deserving of a playoff spot in my opinion. One of the country's worst defenses, best win was texas and they split the series with them, and the rest of the big 12 is absolutely horrific. They played no one and barely scraped by against a bad schedule. It's baffling how little criticism they've gotten