Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do I mute a thread?

Some of these threads are burning my eyes(and my soul). How do I put them on ignore so they don't show up when I click new posts?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Have you tried using white out?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Feels like it might be time to just kill that thread and have a 'no political discussions' policy on this board. Not a lot of productive discussions going on there for a while.
    Eat Donuts!

By not opening it?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Junior
    My "do not open "
    Politics
    Covid
    Zip em up TBT
    Anything Reds
    Anything Golf or Baseball

In other words I'm only interested in Present & future Xavier Men's Basketball, so that's all I open.

I assume that 94Grad is aware that he doesn't have to open every thread, but is using some sort of a 'show new posts' option that is showing him all new posts from any thread that he has commented in.
    Eat Donuts!

Al Pacino - Devil's Advocate 1997

John Milton : "Free will, it is a bitch".
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I assume that 94Grad is aware that he doesn't have to open every thread, but is using some sort of a 'show new posts' option that is showing him all new posts from any thread that he has commented in.
    I always click the "new post" tab directly under the Home tab to see what needs reading. I have put posters on mute, just wondering if I can put Threads on mute.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Feels like it might be time to just kill that thread and have a 'no political discussions' policy on this board. Not a lot of productive discussions going on there for a while.
    Nobody is changing anyone else’s mind there. I’m somewhat surprised the handful of regulars on either extreme don’t just get tired of spinning their wheels. The VAST majority of people here don’t want anything to do with it, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Nobody is changing anyone else’s mind there. I’m somewhat surprised the handful of regulars on either extreme don’t just get tired of spinning their wheels. The VAST majority of people here don’t want anything to do with it, I’m sure.
    For me, I enjoy the debate and it gives me an idea of what others I may not agree with are thinking. It's more interesting to me than the PGA, Stock Market or the coaches tournament threads. I glance at those occasionally but they don't bug me. It's the offseason and this board has a lot of passion for a lot of things. Not everybody cares about everything posted here and that's fine.