Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
Here's what Harvard's Medical Department had to say about it, I haven't read it, but I have a feeling if you read it, it'll basically be saying the same things I have: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020022719004
This link is mostly “old” data that is in all common terms. Which is fine and has value... There are some interesting tidbits coming out in the medical community regarding treatments and vaccination. The time to make a vaccine is actually only a few weeks away but the virus is supposedly mutating too rapidly for it to be effective. There is evidence of several medications being effective against this strain of coronavirus, one of which is chloroquine. This is a widely available medication in the US. Other antivirals that are likely effective may be less available. The Chinese have done a lot of research on this outbreak and for what it’s worth, have contributed a lot of data to the research community.

I do agree that mortality rates are poorly reported for many reasons. Further, there are likely hundreds (at minimum probably thousands) of undiagnosed cases that people survived. The WHO tries to factor those in but it is impossible to do so accurately. When it’s all said and done it will likely vary by country. Strangely enough Germany has a very good reported mortality rate thus far FWIW.