Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I just want X to have a coach again as good as either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I agree with most of this, except I think the best team ever was that 07-08 team when Duncan and Burrell were seniors.
    That's the team I meant. Definitely not the '06 team that barely made the tournament by winning four in four days!

Sophomore
    I don’t know how this is debatable when comparing time at X. I mean, did Thad bother to recruit anyone while at X? (That’s rhetorical for those who might be slow on the uptake.) And it’s not simply that Sean had to rebuild after inheriting an empty cupboard, but he also left Mack with three straight sweet 16s.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I don’t know how this is debatable when comparing time at X. I mean, did Thad bother to recruit anyone while at X? (That’s rhetorical for those who might be slow on the uptake.) And it’s not simply that Sean had to rebuild after inheriting an empty cupboard, but he also left Mack with three straight sweet 16s.
    Not sure how one coach leaving more good players behind for the next coach when he move on somehow suggests he is a better coach. A coach leaving with the highest winning percentage of any X coach certainly does though.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Not sure how one coach leaving more good players behind for the next coach when he move on somehow suggests he is a better coach. A coach leaving with the highest winning percentage of any X coach certainly does though.
    You kind of suck at this whole debate thing.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Eighths View Post
    Runs in the NCAA's are fun but that's on players typically more than the coach. Look at UCLA's lucky run this year. That team was 10-9 and Chalmers and players decided not to go out like that. I don't give Matta much credit for that run. He was the coach so he deserves some but overall it was players recruited by Prosser that finally said ef it, we ain't going out like this.

Miller took over a program with hardly anything left behind and built the best XU team of all time. That team was good early, often and well into March only lose to a stacked UCLA team.
    You don’t give Matta much credit for that run to the elite eight, yet you give Miller credit for choking against UCLA with what you call the best X team of all time.

Miller’s team didn’t just lose to that UCLA team. They were completely annihilated by them. So if you’re saying the best X team of all time (not sure I agree with that statement) got blown out by a UCLA team that didn’t even advance past the next game, what are you really saying about the coach?

I know what I was saying- “That was a good UCLA team, but Miller got seriously out coached and he did not have his players ready to play (including Josh Duncan with his brick after brick from three). Miller can certainly recruit well... but he can’t quite coach his recruits up to their potential. Matta’s players exceed their expectations. Not sure how that is giving an edge to Miller.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-09-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    You kind of suck at this whole debate thing.
    Says the guy who believes a coach leaving better players behind for the next coach is proof he is a better coach than one who does not.

At least the other posters siding with Miller had arguments for their stance that didn’t come from out of left field.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-09-2021 at 11:03 PM.

At the end of the day, I see both Matta and Miller as excellent hires by X. Apparently some of you prefer Miller and that’s okay.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Miller’s team didn’t just lose to that UCLA team. They were completely annihilated by them. So if you’re saying the best X team of all time (not sure I agree with that statement) got blown out by a UCLA team that didn’t even advance past the next game, what are you really saying about the coach?
    I'm not trying to make a Miller/Matta argument in this post. But I do want to point out how stacked that UCLA team was: Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, and Luc Mbah a Moute. Xavier has never had a roster close to that.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I just want X to have a coach again as good as either of them.
    Mike drop!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.