Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Assistants?

Not sure how reliable the source is. Right now it is just a statement made by some guy on Twitter who may or may not be in the know. So let’s call it pure speculation until confirmed or denied. It is interesting though that the guy has two specific names as assistants heading to X. If this is all true, that is a heck of a lot of shuffling.

One would think Travis would have some interest in bringing Murray back to X. You can bet he reached out to either Mack or Murray (or both) to find get some more information about how that coaching change went down.
    Last edited by IM4X; 04-07-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    He was the recruiter that landed Dawson Garcia and Also Jonas Aidoo. Aidoo is a top 60 - 21’ kid who decommitted with the Marquette coaching change. 6’11” 245. I would imagine if Gainey comes Xavier will be involved with Aidoo.
    I'd sign up for the coach if he brings that with him for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Not sure how reliable the source is. Right now it is just a statement made by some guy on Twitter who may or may not be in the know. So let’s call it pure speculation until confirmed or denied. It is interesting though that the guy has two specific names as assistants heading to X. If this is all true, that is a heck of a lot of shuffling.

One would think Travis would have some interest in bringing Murray back to X. You can bet he reached out to either Mack or Murray (or both) to find get some more information about how that coaching change went down.
    I think that Twitter guy just reads other sites and throws some shit against the wall. Could happen I guess, but his tweet was less than professional if that is what he considers himself.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Exactly. It’s pretty obvious the players don’t feel the same way about Travis as many of the posters on this board. Travis has a lot to improve upon but some of the stuff on here is just a bit over the top. I know Travis isn’t dumb and also knows where he needs to improve and the consequences if he doesn’t.
    Travis is not dumb.

He’s more like a bus driver who keeps pulling into the left lane after only a quick glimpse into the rear view mirror- not aware of the the semi quickly approaching in his blind spot. Honestly. I think most fans are happy with Travis driving the bus as long as he is willing to turn his head to see EVERYTHING happening around him and assessing the entire situation before making a move. We all have blind spots. We all make smarter decisions when we learn what is in that blindspot.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Travis is not dumb.

He’s more like a bus driver who keeps pulling into the left lane after only a quick glimpse into the rear view mirror- not aware of the the semi quickly approaching in his blind spot. Honestly. I think most fans are happy with Travis driving the bus as long as he is willing to turn his head to see EVERYTHING happening around him and assessing the entire situation before making a move. We all have blind spots. We all make smarter decisions when we learn what is in that blindspot.
    Unfortunately, we are all on the bus. So we are left wishing for the best case scenario of "I hope this maniac doesn't get us all killed."

I feel better now.