Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Steele is our Brian Gregory. His UD teams always did well OOC, but always ended up around .500 in conference play.
    The board just achieved full meltdown mode with that reference to Brian Gregory and VD.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    The board just achieved full meltdown mode with that reference to Brian Gregory and VD.
    Not sure if it’s a meltdown or boredom/frustration with the coach. X’s brand was always a scrappy, underdog with a cinder block on its shoulder. That’s not Steele.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    This board is in meltdown mode. Anytime one of our coaches is compared to Brian Gregory, we are in meltdown mode.

Played pretty well until the final few minutes. I thought when they broke out early in the 2nd half they had a shot to win this thing but just couldn't pull it out.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I feel the exact same way. I have zero belief that Travis can take Xavier to a Final Four - that belief has zapped my enthusiasm as well.

I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it.
    Welcome to the "hedge" Brotherhood!

A loss on the road V a smoking hot adversary is just that....NOTHING MORE.

X has to have short term memory, 'cause there is more than enough opportunity to generate some moxie!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    We're still on track for a tournament bid, so today's loss doesn't upset me too much.

But I really don't want to be sitting at .500 in the Big East going into the BE tourney and having to win a game.

Check out our final 5 BE road games - Being completely realistic, 0-5 is a real possibility. 9-11 is also a real possibility overall, and that puts us right where we've been the past 3 years.

Best scenario - 13-7 - 4-6 NCAA seed
    Likely - 10-10 - 8-11 NCAA seed, danger zone if we lose to the wrong teams
    Worst - 8-12 - out

Wednesday is a HUGE game - have to hold serve at home, but Providence is very good.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-23-2022 at 07:51 PM.

#DanceOrDie
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Lose to providence at home, and that makes things real interesting in terms of getting to .500 by the end of conference season. I think they will get it done, but going to be a tight one.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    #DanceOrDie
    Yup.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lose to providence at home, and that makes things real interesting in terms of getting to .500 by the end of conference season. I think they will get it done, but going to be a tight one.
    Cintas will come through.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club