Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Returning bigs:
    Edwards, Taylor, Miles, Freemantle, Nunge.

One transfer big man OR one transfer guard? Only room for 1 spot unless X has unusual transferring out of the program
    Stanley has another year. Covid year don’t count.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see Stanley, Miles, or Tandy transfer out. Pretty evident that they don’t figure in Steele’s plans for the future.

Junior
    I still think Tandy can be a rotational player next year. Unless the new guys beat him out I suppose

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see Stanley, Miles, or Tandy transfer out. Pretty evident that they don’t figure in Steele’s plans for the future.
    Or all 3.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Or all 3.
    Which would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think it’s pretty easy to rightfully criticize his past while admitting so far this year feels different, with much improvements all around. And obvious room to grow. Could we see another end of year slide and miss the tournament? Sure. And If that happens I’ll be first in line for new coach. I just wouldn’t bet on it. Feels different this year
    Agree with this. Heck, I can easily see us losing that type of game with DePaul game the last couple of years. Team chemistry looks vastly improved, we have better fitting pieces, and players accepting their roles. Steele sticking with the hot hand and a doing good job rotating a deep bench. Maybe this is why it feels different. Of course there still is room for improvement and we have 12ish games left in conference play. Just enjoying the different ride so far.

I am glad that was not on a Saturday. I may have had to experience that in person (and pay for it!).

That was sloppier than a 3am Snipe post, but also ultimately and inexplicably victorious.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Then no new spots available for transfers in. Maybe a mutual benefit decision will be made among 2 current bench players to allow X to accept any new transfers..

In truth I’m not sure that ANYONE really understands exactly how the eligibility rules are going to effect rosters over the next couple of years. That includes the coaches and the NCAA. How are the Covid years and the NIL’s going to effect it? Are the roster & scholarship limits going to remain as in the past or are they not going to count some people? If a kid is denied a scholarship because of an NCAA limit, while other kids are allowed to stay for a 6th year because of the COVID year, are there going to be exceptions made? Are there going to be lawsuits? Stays given? I think that we are all moving into the j known at this point. The only thing I can say we can reasonably count on is for the NCAA to screw it up if at all possible.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Then no new spots available for transfers in. Maybe a mutual benefit decision will be made among 2 current bench players to allow X to accept any new transfers..
    There is always a spot for a guy the coach wants....always.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17