Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

YOUR 1st Place Cleveland Indians!

Ho, hum. Just another walk off win today. 4 game Series sweep against Seattle and a 2 1/2 game lead in the AL Central.

Terry Francona > Eric Wedge.

WIndians!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Let's not get too overzealous about a Cleveland team a quarter of the way into a season, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Let's not get too overzealous about a Cleveland team a quarter of the way into a season, my friend.
    Spoken by a guy who's team is hyped all year long then fails horrifically in the playoffs. What's worse? #Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Spoken by a guy who's team is hyped all year long then fails horrifically in the playoffs. What's worse? #Caps
    The Caps were hyped all year long? That's news to me. Perhaps there was lots of Caps buzz in Cleveland, but in the rest of the world they were pretty much written off from the get-go up until the point that Ovechkin started scoring goals every other shift and we started a winning tear. But if I had to choose, yes, I'd rather at least make the playoffs and take my chances there than wallow in the pits of the despair that is Cleveland sports. Don't the Indians usually start off pretty well? Do you truly believe they have the roster to remain in the AL playoff race? It's a little early to be celebrating the Indians' success, in my opinion. Why jinx your boys this early?

How is Indians' attendance?

Your champions of May, the Cleveland Indians. They're almost as cute as Dayton.

The Cleveland Indians were 28-22 at the end of may last year and 44-41 at the break last year. They then went 23-54. Sounds about right. Pittsburgh follows the same model.

Yep, as expected. All ye haters come out.

Whatever, we are tough minded on the North Coast. I called nobody else out, but anyway...

Reality, 1st Place. Fact.

Even funnier is that The Tribe helped out the Washington Nats by taking out the Philly Trash 4 out of 5....and hate comes from DC.

Ungrateful, ingrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Even funnier is that The Tribe helped out the Washington Nats by taking out the Philly Trash 4 out of 5....and hate comes from DC.

Ungrateful, ingrates.
    Haha. I'll root for the Indians over the Phillies any day. I'm not hating either. Cleveland fans know the kind of pain that only few other towns' fans understand, and unfortunately, Washington is one of those towns. But let's be realistic. Hyping up the Indians this time of year is so genuinely daytonesque, it might as well hump watermelons. If you resurrect this thread in September and the Indians are still rolling, I will be the first one in here to commend your town on a good baseball season. I don't think they have a good enough roster to stay in the race, personally. That's not me hating, that's me being realistic. The cold, hard fact is that Cleveland's professional sports franchises are bad at this period in world history. I know how it feels.