Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    This one REALLY hurts deeply, boys and girls.
    Soundgarden was always my favorite Seattle band and there is so much great stuff in the Library. While I never had a chance to see Soundgarden live, I did see Chris Cornell in the fall of 2015 when he was doing a solo tour at a small venue- the Lakewood, OH Civic Auditorium. The guy was a consummate musician and it was a great show with a great set list. Today I "Fell on a Black Day". And in one of his songs, Chris asked, "Would you cry for me?"

Yes, Chris, yes. #RIPChrisCornell There is a Black Hole in the Sun today.
    An unbelievable talent with pipes like no other. I went to college with Soundgarden, and have enjoyed Audioslave and all his solo stuff since. I now have a big regret to have never seen him live. I feel like part of me died today. Very very sad.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I was a big fan. Sad to see that happen. Did he actually kill himself? Do we have a verdict?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    He had the best voice of the rock bands from his era. And speaking of, Eddie Vedder is the last frontman left of those bands. All gone way too early.
    Really? All the other grunge singers are dead? Hard to imagine.

Last I heard, the real prototype for the genre, Mark Arm, is still alive. So is Mark Lanegan, Josh Homme, Billy Corgan, Gavin Rossdale, Suzi Gardner, Donita Sparks, Tad Doyle, Courtney Love, Selene Vigil, Kat Bjelland, Scott Lucas, Vaden Todd Lewis, and you could possibly throw in people like Greg Dulli.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Really? All the other grunge singers are dead? Hard to imagine.

Last I heard, the real prototype for the genre, Mark Arm, is still alive. So is Mark Lanegan, Josh Homme, Billy Corgan, Gavin Rossdale, Suzi Gardner, Donita Sparks, Tad Doyle, Courtney Love, Selene Vigil, Kat Bjelland, Scott Lucas, Vaden Todd Lewis, and you could possibly throw in people like Greg Dulli.
    Obviously not every single one, just a lot of the big mainstream ones - Cornell, Cobain, Weiland, Staley.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Obviously not every single one, just a lot of the big mainstream ones - Cornell, Cobain, Weiland, Staley.
    You can also list Shannon Hoon and Andrew Wood. Unfortunately it seems to be an epidemic like the drummers of the '60s and '70s bands.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

So all of the fame and fortune isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I think being a Rock Star for about a year would be awesome.......

Give me the fortune and hold the fame. I think being famous would generally be miserable. Rich and relatively anonymous is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Give me the fortune and hold the fame. I think being famous would generally be miserable. Rich and relatively anonymous is the way to go.
    Yep, no doubt.