Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Notji is fine inside the arc. Somehow he hasn't figured that out yet.
    I’m with you.

Man-oh-man... those two transfers were oh-so-crucial pick ups for this team.

Kudos to Steele and his staff. Moore and Carter might just be the difference between an 18 win team and a 25+ win team with a deep run in the NCAA tournament... at least that’s what it looks like after tonight... stay tuned.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

Kudos to Steele and his staff. Moore and Carter might just be the difference between an 18 win team and a 25+ win team with a deep run in the NCAA tournament... at least that’s what it looks like after tonight... stay tuned.
    “I am just doing my job,” said Moore. “I came here for a reason, and I am just trying to do my job on both ends of the court. I just try to do my job and knock down shots and play defense.”

I love this man

Goodin's usage was at an all time low this game. Freemantle and Bishop actually were more active. His Box Plus Minus is still in the crapper, because he can't score and his assists are down, but Goodin's offensive rating moved higher and he had zero turnovers! I'd say it was an improvement, but he might actually do better coming off the bench and having plays run for him instead of Marshall or Jones. It would be nice to see him convert something more often, but it's hard when Jones is getting work done for the most part.

One thing I find interesting with our offense is that we tend to do better when we slow down the pace (defensive fast-breaks excluded). I would have thought the push would be to speed up. I'd like to see more screens and ball movement (something that never seems to happen enough with Xavier), but more taking their time to find opportunities to attack the hoop. They obviously have guys that can score on a drive if the opportunity is there, but shot selection is still a work in progress. I know free throw shooting has been kind of rough, but they aren't getting to the line enough.

I want to see Q adopt a Stanley Burrell attitude. I’m going to get the ball to my guys and I’m
    Going to play shut down defense. If Q would limit his shots to 5 a game this team will go far. Just get the ball to the guys who can shoot.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

Two leading scorers (Moore tied with Tyrique w/ 12).

Moore making three point % respectable for once. Schrand's 100% also inching that stat up! (w/ Q's 25% and only one shot inside the arc - a gargantuan scoring night of 4 - dragging it down)
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Carter had 13 points, he was the leading scorer. First time this year he showed what he is capable of.

He, and the other newcomers, provide X with great depth. Not just bodies, but actually talented players that can come in and score, play defense, and rebound (he had 9). They also give players like Ramsey and KyKy the chance to heal up and allow a player like Miles the opportunity to redshirt. Depth is something that even the great team of 2 years ago didn’t have so abundantly.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I want to see Q adopt a Stanley Burrell attitude. I’m going to get the ball to my guys and I’m
    Going to play shut down defense. If Q would limit his shots to 5 a game this team will go far. Just get the ball to the guys who can shoot.
    Q's minutes are going to continue to decrease. Especially when Tandy comes back. His best asset to this team would be as a true bona fide leader. Because honestly he can't do anything else consistently enough to really help this team. Hope his figures it out sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    “I am just doing my job,” said Moore. “I came here for a reason, and I am just trying to do my job on both ends of the court. I just try to do my job and knock down shots and play defense.”

I love this man
    Make that two of us. I hope what has is very contagious and it keeps spreading through the rest of the team like wildfire. The team seems complete bought in on defense. That was the most disruptive X defense I believe we may have seen since the Jamal Walker / Stan Kimbrough days. Now just gotta keep working on that offense... but a great finish at the end to pull away - something we also haven’t seen in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Two leading scorers (Moore tied with Tyrique w/ 12).

Moore making three point % respectable for once. Schrand's 100% also inching that stat up! (w/ Q's 25% and only one shot inside the arc - a gargantuan scoring night of 4 - dragging it down)
    It really should not be a surprise that the guy who shot the best from three last year would help this team if he was taking more shots than the guys who really have never been all that great.

I do think more screens will help Q, Naji, Scruggs and (even the bigs) find the space they need to score. They are still standing around a little too much
    at times.