Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    I think most of us agree the talent is here this year to have an ok year. The team just has to play within themselves which they have not. We have players trying to do things they just don’t have the talent. Whether it’s a coaching thing to convince the player to stop or a player thing to buy in is the question.

I also think we all agree that next year there will be more talent to pick from game in and game out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    What was the closing line and O/U? Had to be close
    -5 and 155. Vegas knows!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    -5 and 155. Vegas knows!!!
    So another Naji missed FT would have been a push. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    There were indiviuals posting comments with the notion that this current roster didn’t have enough talent this year to be any better and that we would have to wait until next year to see any improvement. There were some, myself included, who believed it wasn’t that their wasn’t enough talent coaching or on the roster but that they just weren’t playing/ coaching up to their potential.

In the end, it doesn’t matter who said what though... what matters is that this team and Steel have proven they can indeed get on the same page and dig deeper and coach and player smarter and harder.
    Yeah, there seemed to be a debate as to whether the coaches OR the players needed to be better. The answer was the coaches AND the players need to be better. Last night was encouraging. Let’s hope we can continue to make progress, that’s all we can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Who were these "so called experts" that were talking down to fans and telling them they were ridiculous? There was disagreement on here about roster vs coaching. The only "making fun of" was when someone made the suggestion that having fun during games was hurting the team.
    I thought he was referring to people on this board and we all know SNIPE is the only true expert here. He laid out the blueprint for the Jones/Hankins juggernaut!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    It was a good night at Cintas. I would love to see what this team can do if they continue to take care of the ball, attack the basket and win the ft and rebounding battles.

I also have a feeling last night was a much bigger win for Travis than he wants to admit. To do it with Q on the bench and down 17 has to give the players a ton of confidence in his ability to manage a game and lead them to victory.

Sunday will be huge because Butler is struggling too. It also may snow all day Saturday and Sunday morning, which could make things interesting.
    It was big because Travis finally just lost it on his guys -- the effort and execution weren't there in the first half and the team was on the verge of getting run in their own building.

The team could've folded up and not responded, but they didn't. They listened to him, fed off his energy, and played excellent basketball. That's *huge* for Travis to get that out of his team when he pushes the pedal down.

Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post
    No worries. Probably came in a little hot on this one, but that dude has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile with the way he talks down to people and acts like a knowitall
    Most of these Rivals/Scouts/247 "experts" get on my nerves. Generally, these guys are good at knowing where 16-17 year-old kids are interested in going for college and what colleges are interested in those kids. They mostly should stay in their lane.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Yeah, there seemed to be a debate as to whether the coaches OR the players needed to be better. The answer was the coaches AND the players need to be better. Last night was encouraging. Let’s hope we can continue to make progress, that’s all we can hope for.
    Yes, let’s hope we see this kind of play continue.

It’s exciting to see the lightbulb has finally turned on for Steele and this team. They are obviously going to need to get better at 3 point shooting, but at least they now know how to play as a team and Steele figured out a way to put them in a better position to succeed.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Most of these Rivals/Scouts/247 "experts" get on my nerves. Generally, these guys are good at knowing where 16-17 year-old kids are interested in going for college and what colleges are interested in those kids. They mostly should stay in their lane.
    They usually don't bother me until they start talking down to people and especially when they are dead wrong during the talking down.

Junior
    With the broken play board I think Steele finally sent the message "I've had enough of this crap. Do what I tell you or else".