Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-enough-ready

Found this to be incredibly interesting. Although I don't see Creighton going that deep, I do believe that if anyone is going to do it from the league this year, it would probably be them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n-enough-ready

Found this to be incredibly interesting. Although I don't see Creighton going that deep, I do believe that if anyone is going to do it from the league this year, it would probably be them.
    Perhaps it WILL be Creighton. Would be good to eliminate the "0" under the "S16" column for the program ranked #253 out of 257 on these rankings: http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/ncaat....00&yrhigh=2019

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    From arguing about being in the A10...to wondering whether we were the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick for the BE.

How times have changed.
    So true, as far as your A10 comment goes.

The inability to look beyond ivy-covered protocol in order to make material, corrective, constructive change remains that conference's hallmark legacy. LossSalle. Fordham. Subtraction by ineffective replenishment and a failure to set standards in order to move out non-performers against those standards. Remaining at 14 to this day. Simply amazing.

A truly mishandled brand that may have had limited upside, but still had some upside and momentum with Xavier and Temple in the fold and in the time of Xavier and St. Joe's going deep in the NCAAT.

God knows it all worked out for the best for Xavier. March of 2013 made all the frustration and angst finally go away.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    So true, as far as your A10 comment goes.

The inability to look beyond ivy-covered protocol in order to make material, corrective, constructive change remains that conference's hallmark legacy. LossSalle. Fordham. Subtraction by ineffective replenishment and a failure to set standards in order to move out non-performers against those standards. Remaining at 14 to this day. Simply amazing.

A truly mishandled brand that may have had limited upside, but still had some upside and momentum with Xavier and Temple in the fold and in the time of Xavier and St. Joe's going deep in the NCAAT.

God knows it all worked out for the best for Xavier. March of 2013 made all the frustration and angst finally go away.
    Did you see this article?

The Blackburn Review Eviscerates Fordham

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Thanks for sharing band.

No, I hadn't seen nor read it. I truly do not pay any attention to UD anymore. But I have to say that I just read it and that it is well written.

He makes a great point about how unfair it is to Fordham fans to have this level of mismanagement and Fordham's insincere takes on their relative position.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm sure MOR will have more takes than I will on this subject, but look at former AD Frank McLaughlin as the main culprit behind Fordham not giving a damn.

They really damaged their program in the mid-90s when they moved to the Patriot League and dropped athletic scholarships as a condition of joining the league. (It is worth noting that the Patriot League no longer has this restriction in place.)

Also think about why Nick Macarchuk was named A-10 Coach of the Year in 1999 despite finishing 5-11 in the league. He had only one player (Bevon Robin) who had any business competing in the A-10, and the other coaches knew he had a)no talent to work with whatsoever and b)no support whatsoever from the suits at Fordham. He wasn't fired, but took the Stony Brook job the minute they moved up to D-1 basketball.

Xavier is 23-3 against Fordham, yet somehow I'm 0-1 in my trips to Rose Hill HS Gymnasium.

In 2012, a Bleacher Report guy argued the 7 catholic BE schools should break off, and add Fordham, Northeastern, William & Mary, and others.
    He said this about what would be the eventual expansion:

What is more likely is that the remaining Big East schools take the cream of the conference, culling teams like Xavier, Dayton and Butler. That would form quite a good basketball league.

Nevertheless, the Big East schools should not take that route. The quality of basketball in a “Catholic league” would likely be high. But by joining the Midwestern Catholic schools in a conference, the Big East schools would be condemning themselves to permanent non-power conference status
    That was a big, big miss.
    I don't understand Fordham. They have a healthy endowment and a boat-load of deep pocket alumni. They could build a program if they wanted.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In 2012, a Bleacher Report guy argued the 7 catholic BE schools should break off, and add Fordham, Northeastern, William & Mary, and others.
    He said this about what would be the eventual expansion:

That was a big, big miss.
    I don't understand Fordham. They have a healthy endowment and a boat-load of deep pocket alumni. They could build a program if they wanted.
    They have had back to back “father mulligans“ in the number one seat there. Very bright, very well educated gentlemen, who just happen to possess zero vision.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier is 23-3 against Fordham, yet somehow I'm 0-1 in my trips to Rose Hill HS Gymnasium.
    Well that’s just plain embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.