Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    When speculating on grad transfers it's good to keep in mind that steele sold freemantle and ramsey on the opportunities to play right away, so he might not see getting a big man as important as finding a wing
    Both of them have also said stuff along the lines of “Coach Steele views me as a 4.” I agree wing is probably higher, but if the right big man comes along I could see Steele taking him.

https://www.philly.com/high-school-s...-20190322.html

Our boy Dahmir Bishop will arrive at X as a champion!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Both of them have also said stuff along the lines of “Coach Steele views me as a 4.” I agree wing is probably higher, but if the right big man comes along I could see Steele taking him.
    No doubt, but a wing is probably his #1 priority

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    When speculating on grad transfers it's good to keep in mind that steele sold freemantle and ramsey on the opportunities to play right away, so he might not see getting a big man as important as finding a wing
    It's more likely that he told them they are going to have to earn every amount of floor time they get. Bringing in an experienced post player who can help guide them isn't the worst idea. And with someone being new to the system as well, they'll all have some floor time to earn.

Can't wait to see who we add to this team for next year. Obviously need post help first to allow Freemantle, Miles and Ramsey to get a year under their belt. Would love to see a pure shooter who can play the 2/3 to spell Marshall and Scruggs. I think KyKy will be able to play right away at the 1 to help Q. We have a really solid core of guys for next year to build around.

I predict Tandy, Bishop and ZFree will all contribute early and leave the rest of the league in awe.....similar to the 3 Hoyas this year. Any thing we get out of Ramsey and/or Miles is bacon on the burger.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I predict Tandy, Bishop and ZFree will all contribute early and leave the rest of the league in awe.....similar to the 3 Hoyas this year. Any thing we get out of Ramsey and/or Miles is bacon on the burger.
    Mostly agree here but would say Ramsey may contribute by being defender/rebounder/screener not post scorer; and Miles is just bound to redshirt to get physically better.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Mostly agree here but would say Ramsey may contribute by being defender/rebounder/screener not post scorer; and Miles is just bound to redshirt to get physically better.
    Where did this strategy come from of recruiting a big man "project" and then redshirting him come from? We've reportedly tried it the last two years (K.Jones and Walter) and neither one even made it to campus. I know each had situations, but it is also what has left us with pretty much one for-sure big next year. Is there some case from the past that makes us keep going to this well? Jaylen Reynolds is maybe the closest example I can think of, but he was held out due to an issue with his transcript and not as a redshirt as I recall, and he also left early, so it's not like we got en extra year out of it anyway. Are there a number of examples outside of Xavier where this big-man-red-shirt strategy has worked out?

I guess my point is, I'm not sure Miles will be an automatic redshirt.

I’ve seen Miles play a couple of times, and have watched the reports and his stats pretty closely all year. I think he just might surprise people a little bit by next year. He’s definitely not a bruiser, but he is extremely fluid and athletic looking. Can shot block very well and is not slow footed. Not yet strong enough to play the low post and bang, but is used to being double and triple teamed and being pushed around. Doesn’t shy away from contact. I expect him to put on some weight before next season and possibly even grown another inch or two. His coach is the brother of the NKU coach and he is a good coach, he’s not going to be as raw as some might think. He improved greatly this year and I think he will continue to do so all summer. I’m not that confident that he redshirts. I think he will contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I’ve seen Miles play a couple of times, and have watched the reports and his stats pretty closely all year. I think he just might surprise people a little bit by next year. He’s definitely not a bruiser, but he is extremely fluid and athletic looking. Can shot block very well and is not slow footed. Not yet strong enough to play the low post and bang, but is used to being double and triple teamed and being pushed around. Doesn’t shy away from contact. I expect him to put on some weight before next season and possibly even grown another inch or two. His coach is the brother of the NKU coach and he is a good coach, he’s not going to be as raw as some might think. He improved greatly this year and I think he will continue to do so all summer. I’m not that confident that he redshirts. I think he will contribute.
    I saw him play too, and he looks every bit of 7ft with long arms. Good hands, good feet, and if he can put on a little weight by the start of the season, I can see him coming in and getting 5-8 minutes a game. He's not at all clumsy. Underrated imo.