Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, but the 2s are a higher % shot. So sometimes it will work out, and sometimes it won't. But playing those odds may well be our best shot.
    And don’t forget to factor in a lot more opportunities at the line when shooting 2s.....especially when driving/posting in the lane.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    At Butler and home to SJU is a fun way to end the season. If we do get to 7-9, we gotta find a way to win them. I'll be at the Butler game.
    This thread is an interesting re-read....lots of early gloom and doom BUT here we are riding a 4 game wave and streaking to the finish line. These last 3 are HUGE! We have split with every team in conference except MU. Got to get 1 from SJU to keep that going and win at Hinkle to sweep the dawgs.....9-9 keeps the .500 streak intact and make it so we only need to win 3 in the BET for a Championship.

Speaking of the BET, if we stumble a bit and end up 8-10, it will be a interesting to see how the tie breakers play out for seeding in the tournament. I mean it looks like several teams will end up at 8-10, so who would we own tie breakers against if the head to heads are split? Fortunately our victory over Nova may help if wins over a top 2 seed are considered because there will be some 8-10 teams that get a first round bye and some that won't.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-26-2019 at 03:16 AM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I am going optimistic and going to say we really start to turn things around and we go 10-8 in conference.
    7-2 at home and we steal 3 road wins and go 3-6 on the road.

I say this knowing full well it is very realistic we may go 5-13. I would be surprised if we won less than 5.

I like to be on the positive side and my negativity has worn off since the Mizzou game.
    Gotta say sitting at 3-8 I never believed my prediction might actually come true. Cannot believe we have a chance at 10-8, keep it going Muskies!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'd like nothing more than to be wrong. I said from the beginning that an NCAA bid or even an NIT bid was a pipe dream with a new coach who was relying on 3 transfers to make this season successful. I'd still make that prediction every time, but I am definitely glad this team is busting ass all the way to the end and maybe have me dining on a little roasted crow

St. John's just doesn't have the horses to beat X. This Butler game is massive. If we find a way to somehow beat a rival on their floor then this will be The Run part 2

We just gained a SPLIT with every team in conference except #10 Marquette. We will be playing for season SWEEPS in our next 2......yes it's HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm as rose colored glass guy as much as anybody, but I just can't see it with this group. I can only see 4 wins, all at home, which means we're losing to Depaul on Saturday. In fact, if Naji's back is as bad as some are saying, we may not get to 4.

This is the league's "payback Xavier" year after getting used the last few. if we would somehow go 9-9 I'd be ecstatic, but I see no scenario where that happens. In the past, I'd say we'd steal a few wins by "Outcoaching" the other side...like against Chris Mullin, but I cannot see that this year.
    I now see a scenario where we go better than that.....and I'm ecstatic.
    (At least my Chris Mullin call was accurate)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm going to drink a lot of Makers and hope for some serious gelling of the parts for a good conference run.
    Would be sad to miss the tourney, but I'm sure that the past 2 decades have spoiled me.
    For the record (and the above post is 2 months old) I've been upholding my part of the bargain...drinking a LOT of Makers.

The schedule looked very bleak as we were closing with 2 St Johns, Butler and Nova. But it set up nicely for the infamous "eye test" if we kept at it.
    Got the first 2, and a nice break to prep for Butler. Then home to close it out in a rocking Cintas. !

I'm on the BUS !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    9-9
    Never a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm as rose colored glass guy as much as anybody, but I just can't see it with this group. I can only see 4 wins, all at home, which means we're losing to Depaul on Saturday. In fact, if Naji's back is as bad as some are saying, we may not get to 4.

This is the league's "payback Xavier" year after getting used the last few. if we would somehow go 9-9 I'd be ecstatic, but I see no scenario where that happens. In the past, I'd say we'd steal a few wins by "Outcoaching" the other side...like against Chris Mullin, but I cannot see that this year.
    Ecstatic today I’m sure....

Wow re-reading all the early posts is kind of entertaining