Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Now back on point. XUFAN09 do me a favor. Find me even one other player who is 6'8" or taller who takes 82% of their shots from behind the arc. Just one. You find that player post his stats and I will stand corrected, drop the subject, publicly say your right and self ban myself the rest of this season.

If you find that player I will be surprised. If that player even exists then it wont be more than 1. Do you know why those players with that height dont have a shot distribution that bad?

It's because no player is selfish enough to not develop any semblance of a post game at that height. He either has zero post game or refuses to do it. If your 6'9" you have some ability to play inside... or at least some desire to do so. He is a rare player. Superior height but allergic to the hardwood inside the arc. He does not need to make his bread and butter inside but it should at least be a threat every now and then. I dont know why that offends you so bad, but CAF is right... having 2 aspects to your game is better than 1. Kaiser needs something to go to if the three isnt falling. If you don't get that then your hopeless.
    For what its worth, there are a few 6'8 guys with higher 3pt shot % attempts, but no one 6'9 or taller in D1 this year.

Last year, Nick Duncan, Jack Purchase, Nick Smith

https://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...tOrder=0&opp=0
    Last edited by atljar; 02-21-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Keep gunning Kaiser! It is going to be glorious!!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    For what its worth, there are a few 6'8 guys with higher 3pt shot % attempts, but no one 6'9 or taller in D1 this year.

Last year, Nick Duncan, Jack Purchase, Nick Smith

https://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...tOrder=0&opp=0
    I didn't really address this before, because it was minor, but I don't know where the idea that Gates is 6'9" came from. Even Xavier doesn't list him as 6'9", and they are well-known for inflating players' heights from time to time. He's 6'8" at best and his true height could even be 6'7" if that's inflated.

It reminds me of when announcers are talking about Bluiett and he somehow gets taller and taller as they talk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    remember when Tre was in a shooting slump and some of us thought he might need season-ending surgery until he'd ever be shooting well again? Those were fun times.

Kaiser will find his shot. I agree he needs to add more to his repertoire for next year, but if he gets back to scoring like he was earlier, he will be a very important key to a long run.

Also, Naji is playing well, but I don't think I'd go as far as to call him our best all-around player.

IMO Gates is a 3 that should crash the boards. I think he is forced to play a bit out of position due to the depth at guard and lack of depth at the 4. Where do you find minutes at the 3 with Q (6’4”) Tre (6’5”), JP (6’5”), Naji (6’7”) all on the floor for most of the game.
    You can tell whether he’s engaged or not by watching him on the offensive glass. My only concern with him crashing the glass is that he’s had a lot of blows to the head. One lineup that doesn’t get any run is Q, Tre, Naji, Kaiser, OMara. I would love to see him setting more ball screens.
    Kaiser will bust out of the slump soon and I could see him winning us a game in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Looks like he doesn’t like going in the paint after all...

Shannon Russell

.@Kaisergates is wearing the gold jersey at practice this week.

We need 'ya, man
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Shannon Russell

.@Kaisergates is wearing the gold jersey at practice this week.

We need 'ya, man
    Hope he has a huge game tomorrow and breaks out of his shooting slump, he was close last time out, when he hits his shot, this team gets even better considering his presence rebounding and playing defense. I have faith in Kaiser, he will be fine come tourney time, just looking for him to build up some confidence next two regular season games before it gets to the survive and advance mode.

Well hello Mr. March! Nice to see you made it to the party! Compliments on your GRAND ENTRANCE.....nearly flawless!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-09-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club